Best lipsticks, lipliners if going for a goth look

flowerflower

Can I please get some lipstick and lipstick/lipliner combos you think would look good for someone going for a goth look? Even though the term "goth" is open to interpretation, I guess goth lipstick looks stereotypically are on the dark end of the color spectrum, like deep reds, purples, etc. so i am looking for those types of recs.

spitfire

I love using either currant or vino lipliner (talk that talk or nightmoth are great as well)
And regarding lipsticks I recommend diva (love that one), tribalist, talk that talk, sin, cyber
If you love a dark purple lip you could use e.g. nightmoth/currant (they are very close) and rebel, looks very gothy :)

dyingforyou

dark lips are my every day so i typically use diva or cyber (and now lingering kiss from anr) over nightmoth :) sometimes if i wanna switch it up i'll either go all out with a black lipstick, or lately i've been loving a navy blue too.

shellygrrl

Staff member
If you want to go for the more stereotypical black lip, Chromagraphic Pencil in Black Black would be one to have, if you want to stick with MAC. (If you're willing to go outside MAC, NYX has two black lipliners in their range -- one is a traditional slim lip pencil, the other is a mechanical pencil.) MAC have released black lippies in the past (I think one was called Black Knight?), but they don't have one in the permanent range, so if you want to stay within MAC, you'll have to get creative. (Black Black pigment + clear lipgloss, perhaps? Don't think Chromalines are lip safe, but I could be wrong.)

I like Nightmoth with Cyber lipstick. It's so dark it's almost black, but not quite as stark as black. (If that makes an sense lol)

crystalzi

Nightmoth liner is a must for dark lip lovers! For lipsticks I suggest cyber, smoked purple, diva, wet n wild cherry bomb, nyx Transylvania or Copenhagen lip cream, nyx simply vamp in enamored, temptress, or shedevil, occ lip tars in Anita, black metal dahlia, or pagan

hippychic823

Instigator is my lover!!! Also Rebel, Diva, Smoked Purple, Cyber, Dark Side, Hang Up and Sin for "goth/vampy" lips. Nightmoth liner is a must as well ;) Outside of MAC there is WetnWild Cherry Bomb, WetnWild Vamp It Up and WetnWild Pagan Angel.

liquidsirenhoney

Mac living legend is very dark on me and also NYX Transylvania, hearts aflame with currant liner from mac gives me a dark lip. If you want black there's always Bane from Melt or Black Velvet from Lime Crime.

Latest posts