Birthday money - what to buy?

-x-buttercup-x-

Ok so I'm going shopping for my birthday this weekend and I'm going to take my first ever trip to my MAC store. I'm going to have about $60 to spend, maybe more if i need to. I want to get things for the perfect purple eye! Violet pigment is a definite as I've had a sample and loved it, anybody got any other suggestions? I'm looking at Mauvism paint as a base, is it any good?? Shadows I've seen that might be suitable are:

creme de violet
parfait amour
mystical mist
beautiful iris
au contraire
purple haze
satellite dreams
lesuire time
stars n rockets

Which ones would go best with violet pigment, I want to be able to do a really bright purple, and also a nice smokey purple. I prefer the bluey purples to the pinky purples if anyone understands. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thankyoooou xxxxxx
th_worship.gif

Tonitra

I love love love purple eyeshadow! My favourites are satellite dreams, beautiful iris and violet pigment. Next time I MAC (yes, I'm using it as a verb, lol) I'm going to pick up Stars N Rockets.
smiles.gif

Edit: I believe Stars N Rockets is a pink-ier colour so you may not want that if you're not into pink-purples. Satellite Dreams is more of a grapier colour which I like.

laurenmo88

mauvism is REALLY nice, and if u wanna try nocturnelle and hepcat too! (but my #1 purple is parfait amour which you've already listed
smiles.gif
)

liquidsirenhoney

mystical mist and au contraire are almost the same...stars and rockets is more pink on me then purple...
i love mystical mist and hepcat.....creme de violet is hard for me to work with but nice once i get it on...

litlaur

I absolutely LOVE Satellite Dreams, Au Contraire, Beautiful Iris and Parfait Amour. You could definitely do smoky and bright looks with those eyeshadows. I like to use a more neutral highlighter for really colorful looks, like Brule or Shroom.

kaliraksha

I adore mauvism, it's always my purples base... definitely makes them pop a little more. purple is mostly all i wear. smoky... i would say trax... but its like a dirty purple with goldish sparkles... parfait amour is the best for bright purple... and satellite dreams is lovely too... those are my top 3.

-x-buttercup-x-

Oooh so I just rang my MAC to check they have violet pigment in stock, because i really realllly want it and didnt want to be dissapointed when i got there and they have so yay =D. So I'm definitley getting the violet pigment which is £15 and Mauvism paint which is £12. Now I'm probably going to get 3 eyeshadows, from what you've all said I'm thinking au contraire and parfait amour, and then possibly a more natural one like shroom to use on my browbone.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone =D

Latest posts