Bitter and Overgrown, which one is better?

geeko

Hi girls,

i recently just purchased Bitter e/s. But i also have overgrown e/s in my collection as well. In your opinion, which e/s is better? and what colours do u usually wear with them.

i swatched both on my hands...i can't really tell the diff except bitter is brighter? Is it wasteful to have both bitter and overgrown? cause i find the 2 colours pretty similar...but the MACness in me made me wanna buy bitter to add to my collection ...
hmm.gif

BlahWah

I only have Overgrown, but based on the debate that went on when Culturebloom was released, Overgrown is really similar to Bitter but perhaps easier to work with. You may find having Bitter to be redundant, then, but perhaps you'll love it for some other reason altogether.

I usually wear Overgrown with any of the Culturebloom shadows, the colours generally being violet, peach, pastel yellow. I also nicked Sanne's creativity in wearing it with Golder's Green pigment(though I used Aquavert e/s before I got GG).

HTH some!

farra712

I like overgrown with sushi flower, teal pigment, electric eel, swimming, waternymph, steamy, pompous blue, and golden olive to name some favorites! I was having the same debate and I was told that bitter does not go on as easily so I got two overgrown and decided to wait on bitter.

pr1nces583

overgrown! i want to try it with sushi flower now
smiles.gif

id kind of forgotten about it since i got golders green but its lovely
smiles.gif

sarzio

from my swatching of bitter, I personally prefer overgrown. It is very easy to work with and you don't need alot to get good pigmentation... I have used it with iris print, steamy and a combonation of golders green and gold mine all looked very nice.

ohhhhhthehorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnatic
Hi girls,

i recently just purchased Bitter e/s. But i also have overgrown e/s in my collection as well. In your opinion, which e/s is better? and what colours do u usually wear with them.

i swatched both on my hands...i can't really tell the diff except bitter is brighter? Is it wasteful to have both bitter and overgrown? cause i find the 2 colours pretty similar...but the MACness in me made me wanna buy bitter to add to my collection ...
hmm.gif

I got Bitter first, but I sold it shortly after. It's a lot harder to work with than Overgrown. I wish I would have gone the Overgrown route first, but since it's LE I didn't want to get attached.

geeko

Thanks a lot girls.....geesh! i shouldn't have bought bitter then...nvm..i'll jus keep it as part of my collection. I'll use my overgrown instead. Thanks for the help!

ishtarchick

i like overgrown better because of the texture, it is smoother and easier to work with but color wise it is almost identical to bitter. i like to pair it with blue, violet and black for a smoky dramatic look
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

apparently i am entirely in the minority here. i hated overgrown (along with the rest of the culturebloom shadows) with a complete passion. i hated the texture, and felt it was much worse than bitter. bitter goes on super smooth for me, blends well, and has great color payoff. i was amazed, because i was always terrified of it, but when i finally got it, i fell in love. my favorite combo is bitter blended into guacamole, blended into freshwater.

Latest posts