Black eyeshadow

xsimzxgalx

I want a black eyeshadow to create smokey looks what would you recommend black tied or carbon ? also i have urban decay oil slick if any1 has this is it much different from the mac two ?

user2

I'd go for Carbon since Black Tied is really hard to work with because it has a strong color-payoff!

mspixieears

I've got Oil Slick but not the MAC e/s in question...though one of them also has glitter/microsparkles. So perhaps you'd want to go for one without that for a good smoky eye.

bellaetoile

oil slick is more like black tied, although they're still very different, imo. black tied is much easier to work with than oil slick, and the sparkles are more subtle. its also easier to blend.

carbon may be better for a well blended, gradiant smoky eye, it blends like a dream, once you get the hang of it. i have both carbon and black tied, and i reach for them both equally as often. i couldn't imagine not having either of them. but if you have oil slick, and can only get one, i'd say go for carbon.

Femme Noir

black tied. I really only use carbon for eyeliner or slight accenting, otherwise it looks like your eye is either dirty, or it got punched.

jess98765

Black tied because it has a tad bit more "colour" than carbon- like carbon is just plain black, while to me black tied has that extra bit of glitter in it (very little though), which makes it seem to be less bland. Hope you get my drift- its far too late at night to be thinking too hard about e/s! lol

Latest posts