Black Eyeshadow!

L0VELY

I was wondering which black e/s I should get (for now): carbon, black tied or suspicion?
TIA!

DaizyDeath

Carbon is a true black matte eyeshadow great to use as a dark base or on the lash line for a smokey look. IMO carbon is an essiential for every MUA.

Black Tied is a black with silver glitter in it depending on how much you pack black tied on will depend on what color it comes out as also what you put under it as a base can severely change the color of black tied usually without a base it will be more of a dark gray then black but like i said it does like to change with the base color you use.

I personally dont have suspicion so ill let somebody else give you a review on that.

one i reccomend is from the urban decay delux collection its the black one forgot the name i love it blends super well beacuse theirs cream in the formula and comes off really black to boot doesnt wear quite as well as carbon but i love it.

HTH

amoona

Carbon. My first black was Black Tied because I liked the glitter haha. But the silver glitter never showed up so I got Carbon, I still use Black Tied because I'm trying to finish it, but once I'm done with it I'm only purchase Carbon again.

Katja

Out of all the blacks, Carbon is my next buy. I realized it will probably be the most versatile to use. But I don't own any blacks as of now.

kimmy

i'd go with Carbon. if you really like the look of Black Tied, you can get Milani's Storm e/s for a fraction of the price
winks.gif

Fairybelle

Carbon is a good basic black to have in your MU kit! You can always build with other black e/s from there!!

Kiseki

If you don't have a black eyeshadow, then definitely start with a black matte one like Carbon.

I would prefer the Dark Soul pigment instead of Black Tie for my next buy, far more versatile and intense.

eowyn797

carbon, all the way. skip Black Tied. it just gets everywhere and doesn't show up on me.

like Kiseki said, Dark Soul pigment is better.

user79

Carbon for sure. Can't go wrong with it! If you mix it with white or pale eyeshadows it can go on grey as well.

jenii

I have Black Tied, but I should probably have bought Carbon instead. Oh, well, not like I use black e/s much anyway.

NikkiHorror

I say Carbon, too.

I have Envy from Smashbox, that was my first eyeshadow I ever bought because it was so pretty in the pan. Envy is like Black Tied but it has rainbow glitter instead of just silver. I never use it because the glitter flakes everywhere. I bet it would look gorgeous layed down thick all over the lid, though.

Anyway, CARBON!

bellaetoile

carbon. blends better, and is more versatile than black tied. you can add shimmer to a matte black, but you can't take the shimmer out of a shimmery black. ideally, i'd say get both carbon and black tied, but if you must get one, get carbon.

suspicion is more of a blue-ish gray. and it's not even the best blue-ish gray that mac makes.

Latest posts