Bleaching eyebrows vs. MAC browset

Miss_Behave

Ok, so I was bored and was going through KA's Making Faces book again, I recoginzed that he bleaches the eyebrows on most of his models - and it looks great! Since I have really BRIGHT red hair that is naturally nearly black, my eyebrows are black aswell, and sometimes I wish they would look softer, especially if I wanna do I soft, neutral look. They work fine if I haven't done the roots of my hair, because then the color fits, but if I just dyed my hair, they only work with bold looks IMO

Does anybody bleaches their eyebrows? if yes, how?

What about the MAC Brow sets? Would they work to make a dark eyebrow lighter, so I could try how it would look before bleaching them?

And last but not least: I would love to hear your opinion on eyebrow colors in general! Like, is it ok to have black eyebrows if you're blond or red?

aziajs

I have bleached mine before. I have a lot of red tones in my hair so when I bleach it my hair becomes reddish/orange/brown. It's kind of weird. I have used hair dye and I haev used bleaching cream.

gorgeousgirlie

I bleach my eyebrows all the time. I have dark skin and black hair which means that my eyebrows are black too. I love doing it, it takes away some focus off my eyebrows and onto my eyes and makes me look less like a cartoon character.

If you are to do it, do it properly- don't use a hair colouring kit for it. Use the proper facial hair bleeching kit and wait exactly the amount it tells you. If you don't want as obvious a shade difference, wait a little bit less (my kit says I should wait 10 mins, and if I only want a really light change I'd wait only 7mins). NEVER wait longer than the instructions tell you to. I did that once and my brows were orange! I had to cover it up with eyepencil until the hair grew back!

xSazx

I want to do mine, cuz i'm going platinum blonde next hair appt & my eyebrows are really dark :/ i'm scared they'll go wrong though.

caffn8me

The colour in M·A·C Brow Set is not opaque enough to make very dark brows go light but if you bleach your brows you can have a lot of fun with it
smiles.gif

In the UK we have a bleaching product called Jolen Creme Bleach which is safe for eyebrows. You probably have something similar in Germany

rouquinne

the best way to lighten eyebrows and have it look natural is to get a bottle of 10% hydrogen peroxide. dampen a cotton ball with it and rub it across your brows twice a day every day until you reach the desired shade. then touch up every 3 days to maintain the colour.

whenever i've used speed bleach to try to lighten, the colour comes out TOO light and i end up having to add colour or use a LOT of powder or pencil to get the right shade!

Latest posts