Blue e/s for a NC20-30

I decided to build my collection color by color and have arrived at the blues. I have a few ideas of what I want to buy (Freshwater and Moons Reflection) but have not really worn blue e/s so I have no other ideas. Usually I buy 5 or 6 of them to begin with. For reference I'm an NC20 usually but during the summer I darken to a 25 or 30 and have brown hair and brown eyes.

BlahWah

Moon's Reflection is on my list. I don't have many blues (darn LE's keep taking my $$!!), but I like Aquadisiac. It's a little turquoise-y but a beautiful colour you should try. And I can't help but suggest Steamy, even tho it's sitting in the green end. HTH!! =)

Classic Beauty

I'm an NC 20-25, and freshwater is the better of the two, but I have found blue is really unflattering on NC 20. It looks great on NC 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Beauty
I'm an NC 20-25, and freshwater is the better of the two, but I have found blue is really unflattering on NC 20. It looks great on NC 30.

Thanks! I'll probably be getting my next haurl mid-Spring so that'll probably be around the time it would start looking right on me. =)

FemmeNoir

I like bluish/turquoise on me (NC25, brown eyes, blonde hair). Light blue really doesn't work as well for me. If you can do any of the Parrot dupes, I'm sure it would look great on you!

Kat

I have shimmermoss...it's very similar to steamy, but I prefer it (I'm an NC25) and it looks great blended into freshwater across the lid! I usually go bronze, shimmermoss, freshwater from the outer v inwards
smiles.gif

Katgirl625

Electric Eel, Zonk Bleu! (looks great with purples), and there's the pro, I think it's called Sky Blue?
I'm an NC30, and I wear blues a lot...

Isis

Brill is also a very good blue for the paler skintones. It's starting to get a little harder to find now though as it's been discontinued. And there's also Tilt.

lara

Tilt. It's not a 'loud' blue like some of the others being suggested, but a pretty mid-blue with enough frost to be pearly but not outright disco.

I'd suggest really focusing on buying a pastel blue, a mid blue, a denim blue and a royal/navy blue. Those will get you out of trouble and give you a solid selection to work from. Then branch out into electric bright colours or in-between shades like Steamy.
smiles.gif

Quote:
I have found blue is really unflattering on NC 20. It looks great on NC 30.

I disagree. The colour might not work on your particular skin tone, but that's in combination with your eye colour, your hair shade, your clothing, your lip pigmentation and a squillion other variables. Brown eyeshadows might make me look sickly, but that doesn't mean everyone with NW20 skin is going to look like a zombie when they use Mulch e/s
winks.gif

flowerhead

I disagree too. Blues look great on pale brunettes with brown eyes.
I would suggest a deep denim colour, try Eye khol in Hyacinth ringed around the eyes,
or freshwater on the lid. Good luck!

karen

The only thing close to blue that I've found looks good on me(NC25) is Teal Pigment. I pressed it into a pan, and the colour is beautiful
smiles.gif

I'm thinking that one of the new colours that MAC is coming out with for the Summer, WaterNymph(I think this is the name), will be another good one for my colouring. We'll see, I guess.

Bwell

I am a NW 20 with brown eyes and hair and I love my tilt and flashtack.One of my favorite looks.

Latest posts