Blushes: do I do duos?

Laurahead108

Hi,
So, I' m filling a 6-pan blush palette and would love some guidance. Should I buy 3 blushes with 3 complementary contouring shades, or just 6 different blush shades? All I have now is Strada and Breath o Plum. I'm fair skinned, NW20, dark hair, blue-green eyes, and totally confused.

Thanks!
Laura

ebonyannette

Hmm, I would probably do 4 blushes and 2 contours. I guess it depends on how much you contour? if you tend to contour ALOT then do the 3/3

DaizyDeath

i would say 6 different ones
since it doesnt seem like your going to be using this for professional reasons

but if your going to use it for shoots and other such things then i would say go with the 3 and 3

DaizyDeath

ummm
here are some of my favorites and im an NC15 so yeah im preety pale haha

Dollymix [my favorite powder blush!]
Stray rose
Cute
foolish me
Pinch o peach
amber rose
pinch me

those are all i can think of right now that arent LE or disc
but my real passion are the cream blushes i love them soo much more then the powder although you couldnt really put them into a pallette

and 2 creme blushes i really love for pale skin are

Sweet William [i use this all the time!]
Posey [this is just a little bit darker then sweet william and has less of a shimmer]

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
those are all i can think of right now that arent LE or disc
but my real passion are the cream blushes i love them soo much more then the powder although you couldnt really put them into a pallette

The blushcremes are great, and are depottable but you have to be veeery careful with them so you don't end up with a melted icky mess. Lara gives a great tutorial of it on her site, which can be found in this discussion thread. If you can get to a pro store, tho, you can buy the blushcreme in pan palette form to save you the hassle (and some cash!).

HTH!

.VivaDiva.

^^^Blahwah is it cheaper to buy a pre-made pan than to buy the blush pan's seperately and do it yourself?

~VD

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by .VivaDiva.
^^^Blahwah is it cheaper to buy a pre-made pan than to buy the blush pan's seperately and do it yourself?

~VD

I have only bought pots myself, but unless I'm completely missing something, yep it'd be cheaper, since you'd be buying 6 pan instead of 6 pots, the latter of which are a bit pricier. It also saves you the hassle of depotting, especially with the blushcremes. Of course, some people take depotting to be fun, which it can be, if you have the time. =D

DaizyDeath

the reason why i really am not a fan of depotting creme blush is beacuse

1 its a very hard process were you have a large chance of melting and runing your blush more so then the powders.

2 when u place these into a pallette with powder blushes the powder gets into the creme which i hate! hahah
so thats why i dont suggest doing it unless your going to have a whole pallette of creme blushes.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
2 when u place these into a pallette with powder blushes the powder gets into the creme which i hate! hahah
so thats why i dont suggest doing it unless your going to have a whole pallette of creme blushes.

That's true, I never thought about that since I've only depotted one (though I'm still looking to depot my others) and don't have much of an issue with the powder getting into the blushcreme. Good point tho, thanks!

Latest posts