bold/too much makeup?

HapaDynazty

I see a lot of women on here with a lot of bold/a lot of makeup on in general - NOT everyone but a lot.. and I was wondering if anyone is into more natural looks - even when going out on an event or going to a club.. It's just that I don't look "good" with a lot of makeup on like that.. Not that I don't need makeup - I DEF do LOL butt..

was just wondering if there are any websites with simple but unique makeup looks or any ideas that I could use? Gets kinda boring when you can't do much

Shimmer

You could always take the looks and apply more neutral/less dramatic colors.
smiles.gif

HapaDynazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
You could always take the looks and apply more neutral/less dramatic colors.
smiles.gif

yeah true! i just dont like putting on 5/6 products on my eyes it feels like a lot!

kare31

I dont wear very dramatic makeup; i believe it is too much for my facial features, and inappropriate for my line of work. I own many bright MAC shadows, but i wear them as only a hint of color with more natural mattes. I receive more compliments along the lines of "you look so pretty" rather than "I love your makeup."

It does seem that most ladies here prefer the dramatic look, but I've seen several beautiful, natural FOTD's on this site many times.

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HapaDynazty
I see a lot of women on here with a lot of bold/a lot of makeup on in general - NOT everyone but a lot.. and I was wondering if anyone is into more natural looks - even when going out on an event or going to a club.. It's just that I don't look "good" with a lot of makeup on like that.. Not that I don't need makeup - I DEF do LOL butt..

was just wondering if there are any websites with simple but unique makeup looks or any ideas that I could use? Gets kinda boring when you can't do much

me!... I always feel like my face is overwhlemed when I wear brighter colours or bolder lines.
As a former makeup artist, I probably do wear more MAKEUP than most women; but I also look more natural and like I have less on than they would in LESS makeup.

It really just comes down to being a matter of taste, though. Some people can pull off brights and boldness, and some us prefer more understated looks.
smiles.gif

As far as what to do... try using the same techniques as the ones you've seen with brighter colours. Just switch them out with a neutral combo.

karen

Oh, and Padmita has lots of FOTDs that are pretty and understated, off of the top of my head.
Look for her threads in the FOTD forum.

HapaDynazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
me!... I always feel like my face is overwhlemed when I wear brighter colours or bolder lines.
As a former makeup artist, I probably do wear more MAKEUP than most women; but I also look more natural and like I have less on than they would in LESS makeup.

It really just comes down to being a matter of taste, though. Some people can pull off brights and boldness, and some us prefer more understated looks.
smiles.gif

As far as what to do... try using the same techniques as the ones you've seen with brighter colours. Just switch them out with a neutral combo.

yes like i DO wear concealer, draw my eyebrows in a little, wear powder etc.. but i do it in a way where it doesnt look like i have 10 lbs of makeup on or so bold. i just cant wear makeup like that and not only that i dont feel comfortable with that much makeup on! its sooo uncomfortable /but im also uncomfortable sometimes with NO makeup on LOL.

as_cute_as_pie

this might just be me lol but i can look absolutly fine when goin to a club with the whole eyeshadow she bang but give me any amount of alchohol and ill look dreadful, im goin to try just using thick eyeliner cat eye style on my eyes
smiles.gif
i duno if i can pull of eyeshadow in huge amounts off its nothing wrong with my application technique its just i dont seem to suit it
ssad.gif

Latest posts