Bought two shadesticks - help!

kedra70

Last weekend, I got a makeover at MAC and (of course) ended up spending WAY too much money. I bought two shadesticks - Royal Hue and Gentle Lentil. One of the MA told me that the s/s can be used just like paints - I have very, very, VERY oily eyelids. I hope this is true.

Have these been working for everyone? When you use them as a base shadow, how far up do you go on your eyelid?

Kedra

Glitziegal

Hi, I'm no expert and am new here. However I have nearly all the shadesticks and also suffer with oily lids.
I use the neutral shades (Beig-ing, Pink Couture) all over. But if I want to layer colour I just apply it as afr as I am going to be adding shadow.
I occasionaly use FY Eye (Benefit) underneath the shadesticks for mega staying power) Have fun and experiment
th_wink3.gif

kedra70

Thanks Glitziegal - I'll try that, but I'll try Urban Decay's Primer Potion under the s/s. I hope this works because I LOVE wearing eyeshadow, but hate reapplying it to my oily lids.

Kedra

Shawna

I have really dry skin, so I only use shadesticks, but I find that the shadow coverage and blendability is better if you apply a dusting of loose powder over the s/s. Then apply your e/s. If I put mine on in the morning before I go to work, it looks exactly the same when I come home. I love shadesticks. I usually wear them only up to my crease, although I do use beiging under my browbone.

velvet

i recommend aromaleigh's eyeshadow base. its very inexpensive and lasts forever. its the most effective thing i have used so far. you just have to make sure to you let it dry before you apply shadow (im sure that goes with out saying)
winks.gif

kedra70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I have really dry skin, so I only use shadesticks, but I find that the shadow coverage and blendability is better if you apply a dusting of loose powder over the s/s. Then apply your e/s. If I put mine on in the morning before I go to work, it looks exactly the same when I come home. I love shadesticks. I usually wear them only up to my crease, although I do use beiging under my browbone.

Thanks Shawna.

kedra70

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet
i recommend aromaleigh's eyeshadow base. its very inexpensive and lasts forever. its the most effective thing i have used so far. you just have to make sure to you let it dry before you apply shadow (im sure that goes with out saying)
winks.gif

Velvet - where can I get more info on the aromaleigh e/s base?

Thanks,
Kedra

Sasha_2084

I don't have oily lids, but I never had a problem with the shadesticks. I find they make the "blending" process really simple if you aren't familiar with it.

You have to use them like a crayon a bit though. and if you pass a light shadow over it to keep the real color there but seal it in a way, that works great too!

mac_obsession

I have semi oily lids and I generally just use Urban Decays primer potion, then shadesticks, but sometimes I dont even use the pp...shadesticks are amazing regardless!!