bright eyeshadows or pigments?

msgraveyard

hey!
i love bright eye makeups and really dark dark ones.
any recommendations for eyeshadows or pigments?

and how exactly do you use pigments? do you need a mixing medium for it to show more and 'stick on' better?

thanks!

mspixieears

I can't answer the second question but for bright e/s you want to try some of the veluxe pearls!!! Some of the satins, too. Oh heck, some of the frosts, now that they have reformulated them.

Quiana

I have heard of people using mixing medium, but personally, I just use them straight from the jar. They seem to go one rather well and I have no problems with the color showing up or staying on. I guess it's all in how you load the brush...

BlahWah

I've got samples of the mixing medium but rarely use them with the pigments, only if I'm planning to line w/ a pigment quite noticeably. The MM does make the pigment a bit brighter, bringing out different/other characteristics you may otherwise not see (as well) without it. HTH!

*edit: I haven't tried using pigments w/out a primer, however, so can't comment on its performance that way, but w/ UD PP pigments stay, no problem, no creasing, no disappearing. If I were to use a MM, I'd skip the primer.

steponme

if you're interested in non-mac products, check out nyx. they have so many vibrant colors, which are especially pretty applied w/ a wet brush.

user79

I love the pigments, Mixing med. makes it really pop but it's harder to blend as it turns the pigments into a paste or liquid form, depending how much you add. Make sure you use the water-based mix.med. though for the eyes.

Super bright colours are Acid Orange, Bright Fuchsia, Old Gold...and probably loads of others, just go to a store and check it out.

Latest posts