Bronzer recs.

Persephone

Ok, I'm NC20 with blond hair and blue eyes. I am looking at Golden, Refined Golden and Bronze. I want some shimmer. No orange.

Any shade recs? Is it too early to bronze? (I will use self tanner on body as well.)

Coreen

Persephone

Hmmm...

I've never thought to use blushes! A few dollars cheaper as well. Thanks for the idea!

I'm hoping to go May 15th to pick up the following:

*Bronzer or Bronze Blush
*Macroviolet Fluidliner (if my counter still has them.)
*116, 129 or the 187 Brush.
* A new Lusterglass shade (Venetian, Pinkrat, or Palatial. I cannot wait to see these shades!)
* Studio Finish Matte in NC30.

Coreen

rachie

does anybody know the difference between golden, refined golden and bronze?? Im currently using bronxe but wanted to know the difference between them..thanks
greengrin.gif

brooke

i am NC15 and i use refined. it has a little bit of shimmer to it and i really like it. i believe refined has more shimmer to it and i did not care for it for this reason.

AlliSwan

I used MAC's golden until I got NARS laguna (WOW!!!), I will never switch away from it and have gone through like three already!

Cedar

I think the bronzer the MA put on me was Golden, but don't quote me on that. (I'm an NC/NW15.) But honestly? I use So Ceylon skinfinish as bronzer.

iiifugaziii

Woah.. using a blusher as a bronzer is a damn good idea ! Alrighty then-- who can help me?? I'm fair skinned, and I look good in cool tones (blues, blue-red, pinks (not coral pinks) purples... oranges/peachy/corals totally pale me out and make me look dead!! You guys have any good suggestions for some bronzers that aren't so orangey? or maybe lean towards more cool undertones??

Persephone

Ok, another bronzer question:

Should I get the same color foundation (NC20) or go a shade darker for summer? Should I keep my NC20 and use the bronzer to "tan" my face? I don't want to have to buy a new foundation in September since I plan on splurging on the Studio Fix.

Any help is appreciated,
Cori

hellokitty

I think any of them would work if you used a skunk brush to apply lightly. ( you can get them at CVS and they are good quality ) and perhaps you might want to use a little darker for summer : ) hth

Scrangie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie
does anybody know the difference between golden, refined golden and bronze?? Im currently using bronxe but wanted to know the difference between them..thanks
greengrin.gif

Golden is a very light bronze color, looks great on just about everyone. Refined Golden is pretty much the same with shimmer.

Bronze (Matte Bronze?) is just a bit darker than Golden.

I actually like Refined Beyond Bronze when I'm really tan too. It's really vibrant, brownish bronze with tons of gold shimmer. It's hot!

maryb74

My favorite bronzer unfortunately isn't from MAC, it's from Cargo and it's the shade called Medium.. It's just an awesome color, the mua at sephora recommended it, and he was right, I've never switched since..