brown waterproof mascara

redambition

i am new here, so i am hoping to absorb some of your wisdom!

i am so cut that MAC don't make splashproof lash in brown. i'm a pale red head and black can sometimes look just a tad too dramatic.

anyone know of any good brown waterproof mascaras? cruelty-free brands only please, and the body shop is out as it goes raccoon on me. atm i'm using estee lauder but the price tag is making me sad - so i'm hoping for a cheaper option!

TIA.

BlahWah

I don't know if it's cruelty free, but Maybelline Volum'Express is my HG mascara. I can only use waterproof (anything else weighs down my fine lashes), and found this the only one to hold my curl decently and not racoon on me. HTH!

Beauty Mark

Maybelline is owned by Loreal, who tests on animals. I was upset about that, because I really liked Loreal!

I don't know of any waterpoof mascaras that I liked. They tend to flake too much and be too drying for me.

kare31

Shu Uemura Basic comes in dark brown. Waterproof, doesnt clump or flake off. Great formula.

DaizyDeath

Most people wont recomend you wear waterproof masquara everyday beacuse it damages more then reg mascara

personally i dont know all the facts about that but MAC zoom lash stays on me fine even when i get a bit tearie eyed even though its not waterproof only costs 8.99 i think ?

lia_matos

Loud Lash (the new MAC mascara) is waterproof, if i'm not mistaken, and there is a brown color too

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Maybelline is owned by Loreal, who tests on animals. I was upset about that, because I really liked Loreal!

I don't know of any waterpoof mascaras that I liked. They tend to flake too much and be too drying for me.

That sucks! Crap, I might have to start looking for a new one then.. after I go thru my warehouse sale stock! A good time to look into MAC's then, esp. since they can go B2M.

redambition

thank you everyone for your replies!
smiles.gif

i will look into the Shu one - i'm not sure if Shu is available here in Aus. The loud lash is also promising!

BlahWah and Beauty Mark - I'm shattered that almost all of the DS brands test on animals (the one exception i am sure doesn't is revlon, but their w/proof mascara leaves much to be desired). all the cheap mascaras seem to be the ones everyone raves about
ssad.gif

edit - Loud lash is waterproof according to MAC's site! hurrah!

kimmy

Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara No. 3 is what i use when i need a brown mascara. it stays on me pretty well, never smudges or moves even when i get teary eyed or wet. i think it's 6$ or 7$ USD. i'm not sure about whether they test on animals or not though..

Beauty Mark

Whether or not you agree with their ethics and practices, PETA has a good list of companies that do and do not test. I personally don't condone most of their practices, but I believe they create an accurate list because there just so obsessive in all parts of their practices.

Latest posts