brush help needed for a budget gal

LineausBH58

hey.... i heard on MUA that there was a good site with brushes that are just like MAC's. I wasn't sure if anyone has tried this site or if i should even trust it... but i wasd just wondering.... cause i'm on a budget... sort of....

and i don't know if i can say the site name.... cause i'm new here and i don't know the rules really....
th_confused_new.gif

anyway... if anyone knows a place other than MAC where i could get brushes that are good and cheaper... please write back

thanks
smiles.gif

LineausBH58

i was on there this morning maybe i'll try them
smiles.gif

i have friends in german ...my hubby's friends..i don't know where they live tho...
th_confused_new.gif
thanks for the suggestion

joytheobscure

OK well I don't know if these brushes are up to mac quality but I really do like them:
Rose art children's art brushes (small handles for little fingers- clear handles of different colors) in a set for $4 at walmart...the brushes are soft and work great for blending. I am out for a good deal and will try anything as far as brushes go. :)

laceymeow

i'm a big fan of sonia kashuk (or however it's spelled) brushes from target.
smiles.gif
i honestly prefer my sk fluff brush to my mac 213. =X they are pretty good quality for a fair price. i've had the 5 or so sk brushes i own for well over a year and they are still working out great for me.
another cheaper alternative i really like is the prescriptives bronzer brush. it's similar to the mac 187 and it's available at many CCOs for $22.50 if i remember correctly.

michy_mimi

I second the Sonia Kashuk brushes at Target. The blender brush and liner brush are Amazing! I am going to pick up a few eyeshadow brushes today I think. She has some new ones that came out a few weeks ago with black handles.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityii
japonesque, I believe... www.japonesque.com

japonesque brushes are barely cheaper than mac brushes. and i've had major issues in quality with them. i'd say maybe sonia kashuk? they sell her at target? also, ulta brand has some good brushes as well, and both brands are significantly cheaper and better made than japonesque. japonesque DOES have good brush cleaner, though..

xxmissjennyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymeow
i'm a big fan of sonia kashuk (or however it's spelled) brushes from target.
smiles.gif
i honestly prefer my sk fluff brush to my mac 213. =X they are pretty good quality for a fair price. i've had the 5 or so sk brushes i own for well over a year and they are still working out great for me.

DITTO! i bought this limited edition set with about...8 brushes and they are amazing! sometimes im lemming for a smashbox, nars, or mac brush but i figure im happy with my sonia kashuk brushes and thats enough to make me put my wallet away.

Jennifer Mcfly

I like Sonia Kashuk brushes as well. I saw the new black handled ones, but thought they were a bit pricey. For a few bucks more I could get some MAC brushes. But the white handled Kashuk brushes are good. I have about 4, two angled (one big and one small) a brush similar to MAC's 242 brush only a little smaller and the foundation brush. They all work great!!

more_please

Nay on the japonesque, at least their "travel set", which I have. It seems like a good deal , about 6 brushes in a travel case for about $25, but they aren't very high quality imho. (Kinda like mac's SE brushes) Its possible that their full size brushes are better, but they are only a buck or two cheaper than MAC.

Latest posts