Brush help needed!

jennie2516

I never really was into brushes untill I got an eyeliner and face brush from elizabeth arden and realized that quality brushes make a huge difference! I also now have a tony and tina all over eye brush that is good for blending.

But now i know i need more! Which mac brushes should i get?

user2

Are you just looking for eye brushes or in general?

Hm maybe you should get one of the holdiay sets! The Olive brush set is IMHO a huge part of what you need!
#190 - foundation brush
#194 - concealer brush
#168 - angled brush for blushes, powder etc.
#212 - flat definer for eyeliner etc.
#252 - shading brush for eye shadw application

additional to that I would recommend:
#187 - it's my ultimate HG! It's quite pricey but it's worth every cent! I use it for every powder-ish product like a powder, MSF or Pearlizers
#222 - gorgeous for blending, I can't wait for mine to arrive so I can work with it 24/7!
smiles.gif

and of course a bottle brush cleanser to keep them sanitized
winks.gif

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Are you just looking for eye brushes or in general?

Hm maybe you should get one of the holdiay sets! The Olive brush set is IMHO a huge part of what you need!
#190 - foundation brush
#194 - concealer brush
#168 - angled brush for blushes, powder etc.
#212 - flat definer for eyeliner etc.
#252 - shading brush for eye shadw application

additional to that I would recommend:
#187 - it's my ultimate HG! It's quite pricey but it's worth every cent! I use it for every powder-ish product like a powder, MSF or Pearlizers
#222 - gorgeous for blending, I can't wait for mine to arrive so I can work with it 24/7!
smiles.gif

and of course a bottle brush cleanser to keep them sanitized
winks.gif

Is 187 that skunk looking brush?

I bought the flirt one from kohls. It probably isn't as good, but I'm cheap. I love that brush for blush, bronzer and loose powders.

xiahe

219 - MAC pencil brush.

i think you should get the teal (or magenta) + olive stashettes...those 2 will have all of the brushes you'll need.
greengrin.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemichelle
Is 187 that skunk looking brush?

I bought the flirt one from kohls. It probably isn't as good, but I'm cheap. I love that brush for blush, bronzer and loose powders.

Yes, the 187 is the skunk brush and it's awesome!! It's so amazingly soft and puts blush on totally blended and flawless. An awesome investment if you ask me!
smiles.gif

user4

for liner... 266 is the best imo
for blending... 224 or 217 or both. 224 is more blendy and its softer but you dont have much control of where the sadow is going. the 217 is good if you want to pick up a bit more color and you want to have a bit more concentration and control. i've also heard 222 is great for crease but i dont have it yet. i think thats next.
for face... i absolutly recommend 187. at 40 bucks it is the most expensive brush i have but i do use it every single day... EVERY DAY!!! for msf, for blush, for lose powder to seal the makeup, for everything.
ummmmm, i think that's all i can think of at the moment!

Midgard

239 - for e/s application
222 - for crease work
217 or 224 - for blending
266 - for filling brows

these are my favorites!

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Hooker JJ
Can the 187 be used for bronzer? Which is the best brush for using with MAC bronzer?

Totally!!!! It works with anything really. It's awesome!

Latest posts