brush help, why is it doing this?

MACgirl

As some of you know i own alot of mac brushes (duh i work thier) and have never ever had a proab with them untill one of them starting doing something really odd. My 162 cntouring brush bleeds what looks to me like blue ink on the paper towel when i clean it, i used it today to contour nw45 foundation and wound up with a grey/blackish contour line!! i was so upset and idont even know why its doing this! None of my brushes have or are doing this so im clueless as to why this one is like this....any help please
btw im going to ask some poeple at the store tomorrow but thought id ask here first

tia

Shawna

The only thing I can think of is that it is real animal hair and the colour may come out of it. I always wash my new brushes before I use them and a lot of colour bleeds out. I just rinse them in warm water until it stops and then they are good. I think it might be like new clothes that bleed in the wash. How old is the brush? Maybe a good washing would stop the problem.

afterglow

I'm not sure, but if you do find out tomorrow, could you come back and tell us why? I'm curious, now. That uber sucks! Maybe you could get a replacement brush sent from the hq?

MACgirl

Thanks for responding ladies, i def will tell yo uall what work says. I have had the brush for ehh maybe liek a year and half at the most, give ortake a couple months. I bought it with the 136 at the mac store, and the 136 isnt giving me probs.

Gisselle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
As some of you know i own alot of mac brushes (duh i work thier) and have never ever had a proab with them untill one of them starting doing something really odd. My 162 cntouring brush bleeds what looks to me like blue ink on the paper towel when i clean it, i used it today to contour nw45 foundation and wound up with a grey/blackish contour line!! i was so upset and idont even know why its doing this! None of my brushes have or are doing this so im clueless as to why this one is like this....any help please
btw im going to ask some poeple at the store tomorrow but thought id ask here first

tia

i have that same brush, and mine sometimes ( i dunno why) blends greenish ink when i clean it even though i didnt use any color with it.

lara

Either the dye is starting to shift from the hairs, or excess paint from the handle under the ferrule is starting to seep through the glue and drift onto the bristles.

Latest posts