Brushes on Ebay

mrstucker

caffn8me

Before bidding on such a set check out Crown Brush as the sets look quite similar to some from there so you can get an idea of price. Crown Brush is a legitimate company and their brushes are widely used by professional makeup artists. They had a huge stand at the International Makeup Artist Trade Show in London recently and it was busy all day.

mrstucker

???

Is it just me, or do their brushes look IDENTICAL to MAC, Bobbi Brown, even Bare Minerals sets? I wonder if they're all the same....if the quality is anywhere NEAR MAC's quality,then it's definitely worth it, however, if the quality is awful, like the Bare Minerals brushes I got last week, then it's just a waste, I think. I need a few good face brushes that don't lose their bristles! Even my old MAC 129 is starting to fall apart, and it's driving me crazy to have to pick off small black bristles from my face!

Summer

aww, the link isn't working for me. How many brushes do you get and what's the price?

Summer

Okay, a seller was selling brushes exactly like that without the MAC logo on it.
They claimed that they were MAC brushes that were prototypes that's why they didn't have the logo on it yet. They said that it would be released in Sept (Sept gone and went.)

Someone who posts on makeupalley bought it. We all told her don't do it but she did it anyway. Turns out she found out they were fakes and put up a fight with paypal but got the money back. She had to get a document from MAC or someone that works for MAC stating that they were indeed fakes. I know she went to the dept store MAC but they wouldn't sign any letter, not sure how she got the letter.

Long story short, she got the money back.

I honestly believe this is the same seller. If not the same name, then the same person with a different seller name.

I would suggest staying away from this set.

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstucker
Is it just me, or do their brushes look IDENTICAL to MAC, Bobbi Brown, even Bare Minerals sets?

No they don't look like them. Not even close.

MisStarrlight

I don't know about Bobbi Brown or Bare Minerals, but they look nothing like MAC brushes....nor do they claim to be. I guess if you're looking for fairly cheap brushes (about $10 each brush) they'd be ok, but I'm a big advocate of paying more for something that will last longer....I did the cheap brush route for a while-I had to replace them so often it just wasn't worth it.

Latest posts