Brushes: Storing/Travelling

leana01

I was wondering is it better to store or travel with brushes in a case where they are loose or in case where they are in slots. I am having trouble finding a case that has the individual slots for the brushes to hold them in place. I have previously had trouble with the bristles on one of my brushes getting bent and I am just a tad bit concerned about my mac brushes because they are not cheap!!!

Thanks

Tash

I use a brush roll for mine just because it travels much easier and I've never had a problem with them.

leana01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
I use a brush roll for mine just because it travels much easier and I've never had a problem with them.

Where did you get your brush roll from?

moonrevel

Generally, when I travel with my brushes, I put all of them in my Holiday 2004 brush set bag. It has a couple of individual loops, but since I have way more brushes than the bag has loops, I just kind of throw them all in there. Additionally, I always keep the little plastic sleeves for my fluffier face brushes (e.g. 129, 168, 187) so that I can keep the bristles straight in the bag. The eye brushes don't suffer at all.

If you can't get your hands on a brush roll, however, a lot of people have success making a makeshift brush roll with a hand towel. You just lay the towel out and place your brushes on it one at a time, rolling the towel up with each brush. When they are all in the towel, you roll it up the rest of the way, fold the ends over carefully, and secure the bundle with a rubber band. HTH!

Eilinoir

I don't know what's better but I personally keep my brushes in my case. My traincase actually has a separate level w/ slots (and en extra flap on the lower level, also w/ slots), just for brushes or even small liner or shadesticks, etc.

I just make sure to periodically twist/rotate my bigger, fluffier brushes (blush/powder brush, Px bronzer brush, etc) so that they don't end up w/ on flat side and one fluffy side
smiles.gif

m4dswine

I have a brush roll that I got from the Body Shop. I probably could do with another one as its getting a little crowded, but I haven't really been anywhere for any length of time that warrants more than a few brushes. I may have to get another one before I go on holiday next month though, as well as a new travel make up bag....

.VivaDiva.

This is another reason as to why i bought the Pret-a-poter because of the free brush roll.

MAC has a new brush roll comin out in the next few weeks with the Classics collection.

~VD

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by leana01
Where did you get your brush roll from?

I actually got it at Target. It was probably only like $10 or less.

Shawna

I posted this in another thread, but a great cheap alternative to a brush roll is a tool roll. If you google search Samona, they have several clutch type rolls for wrenches and such. I have a large one (I own lots of brushes) but I love it. It is heavy duty nylon and has the flap to protect the brushes and everything. It buckles up and has a carrying handle too. It was $7 Canadian. Hope that helps
smiles.gif

allan_willb

I use the brush clutch and it works great when I'm on the road going places and also when I even check it in when I fly.

ollieo

Sephora has these brush tubes which look like a great possibility for travel and home for $5. Search Sephora for "Vanity Brush Holder". But think a pink tube with top that can be snapped on or left off. Inside, when I saw one in person, was foam which will hold brushes in place thought the Sephora site does not mention the foam (and I wonder if I was looking at a different one of these). I am sure if there was no foam you could easily fashion something to do the same thing. $5 cannot be beat. These appealed to me because you can use it easily at home instead of having to unroll it all the time and brushes are stored standing up and will not flatten. On the Sephora site all I also found a makeup forever version for $35, or a similar black Sephora one for $48 that includes brushes.

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
I actually got it at Target. It was probably only like $10 or less.

YES!! I got mine at Target also. It has Zebra print all over it...sooo cute for a great price, not to mention GREAT for traveling!

Latest posts