C-Thru trouble

User67

I LOVE the color of C-thru Lipglass, but it does this strange thing where it settles into the creases of my lips & looks terrible. It does this whether my lips are dry or coated in lipbalm, even if I layer it over another lipstick I get the same result. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to correct it? Or, maybe can someone reccomend a different shade/brand of lipgloss that has the same nude beige look to it? Thanks!

Jennifer Mcfly

Me too! it gets really milky looking, totally not smooth. It sucks b/c I like the color and really wanted Underage as well but I know it would do the same thing
ssad.gif

Help us!!

user3

All the cream forumla lipglasses do that to me too. I just mix it with a bit of clear l/g.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
All the cream forumla lipglasses do that to me too. I just mix it with a bit of clear l/g.

Yeah, me too. Pink Lemonade does that also (that's why I have it up for sale). Whether I use vasoline, TLC or primer underneath it still milks up
ssad.gif

Boo!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
Yeah, me too. Pink Lemonade does that also (that's why I have it up for sale). Whether I use vasoline, TLC or primer underneath it still milks up
ssad.gif

Boo!

Ugh Pink Lemonade was the worse for me.
Try a thicker clear gloss with it. I use this one I got from Philosophy called lip lacquer or something like that but Wet'n'Wild's clear gloss should be think enough.
On a few clients I have use a thin clear gloss with it. So I use a clear Bonne Bell gloss. If you have deep ridges in your lips use a thicker one.
Mac's Prime and prep does work but for some reason it also dried out my lips
ssad.gif

AudreyNicole

I don't own C-thru or any MAC l/g for that matter, but someone recommended Milani Crystal Glass lipgloss in Secret (or whisper, can't remember the writing wore off) as an alternative and I LOVE it! The texture is awesome and not at all sticky. Definately worth a try for $3!
smiles.gif

User67

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions ladies. It's good to know I'm not the only one who has a problem wearing this gloss. But, now I have some great ideas on how to make it work for me & I am also going to try out that Milani gloss, it sounds beautiful! Thanks again!

Latest posts