Can anymone recommend a good base for the lids?

~LadyLocks~

I usually use a cream color base from MAC but I've noticed that sometimes it creases even though I apply it really lightly. I also use something similar to the MAC s/s but i'm not sure if it's right for a base because it to sometimes creases. I was thinking of getting Bare Canvas paint or a nude s/s so I can use with any color e/s.

Can anyone recommend what would work best to prevent creases and help e/s last through out the day??

Thanks in advance!!
lol.gif

colormust

EZR (mac product) is the all time best for me. i have oily eyelids and mine sag a little and this is the only thing that really works for me....

Spenser

Paints work perfectly on my oily lids, I reach for them first. Shadesticks don't work at all for me as a base.
UDPP is the base of choice though...you can get it at Sephora.

bellaetoile

shadesticks work great for some people, paints work great for some people. its all about technique and personal preference.

i hate paints.
i love shadesticks.
shadesticks over UDPP, your makeup will stay super bright, and last forever.
seriously, i have a hard time getting it OFF some nights..

Designergirl9

I use urban decay primer potion for me it increases vibrancy, no creasing, increases staying power..I like the paints but it just didn't work as well with paints.

BlahWah

I've been wanting to try Bare Canvas, but I hate how messy using paints can get (I have Baselight for my yellows). That's why I'm choosing to stay (haha) with UD PP - the wand makes application cleaner.

Brianne

I use Bare Canvas paint under anything and everything. I don't like Shadesticks on their own, but if I use them over a paint they rock.

MACActress

Bare Canvas all the way. I had sea-me, but it would just crease about 3 hours after I got to school. Bare Canvas stays on all day, I should try Sea-Me over it though. I don't find it messy, but you have to be careful to put the cap back on right away. But usually I just squeeze a bit and dab it onto my lids and then smooth it out, works wonderfully =)

~LadyLocks~

Thanks so much to everyone that replied! So I was at the mall yesterday and decided to get the Bare Canvas paint, but I tell you I was alittle intimidated by it. I've never used paint before and it seemed kinda complicated...lol. THe girl at the MAC counter showed me how to use it and when I got home I decided to try it. I guess it's all about practice because trying to get it on smooth and then packing the e/s on while is's still wet was a challenge for me...LOL. I hope I don't end up regreating my purchase later on *sigh*

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycorrea05
I guess it's all about practice because trying to get it on smooth and then packing the e/s on while is's still wet was a challenge for me...LOL. I hope I don't end up regreating my purchase later on *sigh*

Well, if you have any good tips as you learn, please share! Right now my experiences w/ Baselight are turning me off a bit from using paints - the messiness, doesn't apply as smoothly as UD PP, and product oozes out of the tube quite quickly if you don't cap right away! Just doesn't do well for my brain in the morning. =P But I'd rather get Bare Canvas than UD PP for the B2M and it being more available (MAC counter a few blocks away v. Sephora on the other side of the city, nvm UD PP selling out so fast). So please share, I'm hoping to be converted to paints!
wavey.gif

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Well, if you have any good tips as you learn, please share! Right now my experiences w/ Baselight are turning me off a bit from using paints - the messiness, doesn't apply as smoothly as UD PP, and product oozes out of the tube quite quickly if you don't cap right away! Just doesn't do well for my brain in the morning. =P But I'd rather get Bare Canvas than UD PP for the B2M and it being more available (MAC counter a few blocks away v. Sephora on the other side of the city, nvm UD PP selling out so fast). So please share, I'm hoping to be converted to paints!
wavey.gif

I so know what you mean about the paint oozing out...I hope it doesn't do that everytime. UGH! Well yesterday was the first time that I used it and kept it on all day. May I say that my eye MA looked exactly as it did from when I first put it on. That to me, made me happy with the purchase
smiles.gif
. I know I still need some practice with the paint but my technique yesterday seemed to work. What I did was squeeze a tiny bit out on the top of my hand, mix it around a bit with a flat brush, dab a tiny bit over my lid and crease, then flip the brush over to the other side and pack on the e/s right away. It seemed to work out pretty great for me so I guess that's the technique i'm sticking to for now. I'll let you now if I find out any other techniques.

Charnelle

Bare Canvas Paint by MAC.
It never fails.

And no, you wait until the paint is dry then apply.
Its wonderful for anti-creasing.

Shimmer

bare canvas by mac
or neutrogena sheer shimmers (i think they're called...)

before you open the paint, unroll the end by one turn, and see if that helps with the oozing.
smiles.gif
It did with me at least.
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnelle
It never fails.

That's what I thought. Thank you!
smiles.gif

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnelle
It never fails.

Well I'm really glad for this thread because now I know that the MA at MAC don't ALWAYS know what their talking about...lol. I'm really happy that I can let the paint dry first before putting on the e/s.

Thanks for the tip
clapping.gif

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
bare canvas by mac
or neutrogena sheer shimmers (i think they're called...)

before you open the paint, unroll the end by one turn, and see if that helps with the oozing.
smiles.gif
It did with me at least.
smiles.gif

I'm definetly going to try this. Thank you!! :thumbsup:

pugmommy7

CCBS are too moist for my lids.I used to use shadesticks and then got some paints and now I use them everyday!!! I love how well they work. I also use fluidliners as bases and they are fantastic.
I would NEVER go without a base ever again! what a difference!!

Latest posts