Can anyone help me acheive this lip color?

shopgirl151

I checked Makeup411 to no avail. I did post this on MUA and got a couple of suggestions, which I've tried and am pleased with, but also want something that looks closer to this - something has more of a wine-colored tint (with emphasis on the pinkier, perhaps even almost indiscernable fuschia tint - I'm trying to avoid anything that has red/brown tones) if that makes sense.

The suggestions I've tried so far (BB Desert Clay, MAC Half Red l/l with MAC Twig) look great, but have just a slight reddish brown tone to them, perhaps due to the color of my lips, which are pigmented and often seem to take on a reddish tone, which annoys me to no end.

Both lip looks that were previously suggested suit me, so I purchased them, but I've got a wedding coming up and Debra's lip look is totally what I'm after.

I'm open to any suggestions, any line. Thanks so much!!

Shawna

I am terrible with lipstick colours, but I am going to move this over to recommendations where you should get the help you need.

shopgirl151

Thanks! It took me forever to remember my password and I'm still trying to get the hang of the new forum setups...
smiles.gif

ambidextrous

I mixed a color like this with Calvin Klein Lipstick in Greige and MAC Media Lipstick AND MAC Currant Lipliner. I think it's important that the outer line is darker than the rest of the lips.