Can someone help me puhlese :)

BellaItalia1969

Girls can anyone help me with these...i have a mate who wants to bid on this little lot...I said to her that Im not 100%sure that these are fake or genuine MAC pigments?I said to leave it ...can someone advice me..also I DO NOT want her to waste money either!
thmbdn.gif
who

Wholesale Job Lot 20 MAC Eyeshadow Pigments + Brushes on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 08-Feb-09 15:17:02 GMT)
wholesaleMACpigments5

Another piccy of the same lot...
What do you think girls?
Julie or Panda or anyone else if you are about your opinion is greatly appreciated?Fank you
yes.gif

PS.I have noticed that although it says genuine..there's no shades stickers on the boxes ?!!

browneyedbaby

Hmm, I'm not sure they look quite right... shame there's no pic of the bottom of the pots. Also the brushes don't have a number on that I can see which I don't think is a good sign! They also have black metal as opposed to silver which I don't think should be the case on full sized brushes???

NatalieMT

Heck no, I wouldn't advise anyone risk bidding! Those thick bottom jars are out in force there.
lol.gif
Like browneyedbaby said also the brushes aren't right 'MAC shading brushes'. If it were a makeup artist supposedly clearing stock I think they'd list the pigment colour names and the brush numbers atleast. But there's absolutely no information whatsoever. And nothing is seemingly marked. It's a no go.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Stay away from them, some of those are fakes for sure if not all. It's good she asked you first
yes.gif

Thank you girls
yes.gif
I too became very suspicious etc as the jars bottoms looked very thick...etc..shiny lids,but I got my mate to email the seller and here is the reply
"
hi there, no they are not counterfeit. My friend is a makeup artist and she gets them (well her Salon get them) at wholesale from MAC Cosmetics so they do not have the name shades put on the jar however they do have batch code and they have MAC authentic leaflets inside to prove they are genuine."

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- lushlooks_online[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Cheryl,thanks I have quite a few friends who always ask me for advice when purchasing certain makeup items on eBay!Although Im left wondering why is that half of these fake MAC pigments for sale on eBay , are all from MAKE UP ARTISTS!!
nonono.gif
Also how come that MAC does this wholesales with no shades names but GENUINE leaflets??Or am I mistaken !?
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
mac_addict.gif
[/FONT]

julie150463

Hiya

Sorry for coming in on this so late - been busy, busy, busy lol

As the others have advised - steer clear!

panda0410

I'm late too!! I cant see the pics, but I did look at the link - these are fakes, the bottoms of the jars give that away and they look like much older versions of the fakes pigments - I havent seen these for simply ages....LOLOL!!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I'm late too!! I cant see the pics, but I did look at the link - these are fakes, the bottoms of the jars give that away and they look like much older versions of the fakes pigments - I havent seen these for simply ages....LOLOL!!

Thank you girls , I did say to my mate to stay away ...she thought she will be getting a bargain...yeah <sigh>..I repeated ..the info I acquired from you ,shiny lids the thick bottoms of the jars ,no shades names ,but the sellers says "it has AUTHENTIC MAC leaflets"!!
angry.gif
I felt like I wanted to reply to the email she sent to my mate that "are you selling fake MAC pigments but buyers will be wearing authentic LEAFLETS!!"oh that really makes me so mad and anxious for these bidders that will be conned!hmmm you know I think I will email the seller...
ohboy.gif

Thank you again
specktra_rocks.gif
sweet.png

PS.Julie,thank you again for suggesting this site to me
thmbup.gif

caffn8me

Definitely fake, no two ways about it.

Ask yourself this;

How can someone afford to sell 20 brand new pigments for £49? Never mind the brushes. That's £2.45 each.

• The current UK retail price is £14.68
  • M·A·C doesn't sell wholesale to distributors
  • In the UK a M·A·C Pro card gives a maximum discount of 35% - pigments are £9.52 each
  • A Staff Discount card gives 60% discount - pigments cost £5.87 each
  • Resale of staff discount and Pro Card items is prohibited and M·A·C does track purchases to see whether purchasers may be reselling.
  • The pigments are being sold for less than half the cheapest price they can be purchased for legitimately.
  • They can only be fake or stolen
Remember: If it looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Definitely fake, no two ways about it.

Ask yourself this;

How can someone afford to sell 20 brand new pigments for £49? Never mind the brushes. That's £2.45 each.

• The current UK retail price is £14.68
  • M·A·C doesn't sell wholesale to distributors
  • In the UK a M·A·C Pro card gives a maximum discount of 35% - pigments are £9.52 each
  • A Staff Discount card gives 60% discount - pigments cost £5.87 each
  • Resale of staff discount and Pro Card items is prohibited and M·A·C does track purchases to see whether purchasers may be reselling.
  • The pigments are being sold for less than half the cheapest price they can be purchased for legitimately.
  • They can only be fake or stolen
Remember: If it looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

Sarah,thank you very much
thmbup.gif
very often I get asked by workmates ,family ,girlfriends about MAC etc,I do always say that this so called bargain that you so much hankering after may not turn out to be the real deal ,stay away and buy from recommended sellers on here or MAC store!Sadly I have a handful of mates who have acquired counterfeit MAC from...you guessed eBay!By the way I told them ASAP to bin this fake MAC crap!

Cheers again Sarah,much appreciated ...
mac_addict.gif

I wanted so badly to go to our Mac store @H.of Fraser ,but the snow and the icy roads were too much
ssad.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:- lushlooks_online
Cheryl,thanks I have quite a few friends who always ask me for advice when purchasing certain makeup items on eBay!Although Im left wondering why is that half of these fake MAC pigments for sale on eBay , are all from MAKE UP ARTISTS!!Also how come that MAC does this wholesales with no shades names but GENUINE leaflets??Or am I mistaken !?

I'm not sure if the question above was for me...but here is some imput
smiles.gif

The thing about fake sellers is they also tell fake story's. There is no way to tell if she did get these from a real MUA or who she really bought them from. The one thing we do know is she didnt get them from MAC. Why ebay allows so many fakes is insane and the only way to get rid of some is to keep reporting them. I reported 2 in the last month and saw 1 has had there listings removed. I didnt buy from either, just told Ebay what I saw and pointed out the signs of them being fakes. I'm sure others did also cause it takes more then one complaint to take them down especially since I wasnt a "buyer". I think many claim to be MUA's because it "sounds good". I do know a few trustful sellers/MUA's that did get rid of there stock for good prices (not to cheap though) due to shutting down their business but thats a few and far between.You might be seeing more of that since one told me about some tax changes Ebay might have to report on ebay stores to the IRS. I dont know much about it yet just that she and others are closing because of it. I know of a few sellers on EBAY with pro cards and those are the one's who wouldnt mind showing proof (or sellers that have friends with a PRO card.)

I could go on and on about fake sellers & ebay but time to get back to work. I didnt get much sleep last night so hopefully I didnt make to many spelling errors, ect, lol.

Have a great day Bella
yes.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Sarah,thank you very much
thmbup.gif

You're very welcome
smiles.gif
In the next few days I'll post something on things which should make you suspect stuff is fake even if you can't tell from the pictures.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
You're very welcome
smiles.gif
In the next few days I'll post something on things which should make you suspect stuff is fake even if you can't tell from the pictures.

Firstly Cheryl,thank you
yes.gif

The auction of these fake MAC has been bidded up to £62.01!!!
angry.gif

My friend was persuaded by me not to bid on these ...
thmbup.gif
I did report this auction to eBay,about 2 hrs ago...I just feel sorry for someone who is going to be ripped off by these fake pigments ..I really had to laugh when the seller said "these pigments have "genuine MAC LEAFLETS"
lmao.gif
jeeez yeah pity about the contents of the jars!!!

Sarah,Im looking forward to your post about the secret "info"
thmbup.gif
I need to educate all my friends,family etc about the dangers of buying this counterfeit crap makeup!

julie150463

Quote:
PS.Julie,thank you again for suggesting this site to me
thmbup.gif

LOL - No problem!!
Specktra is my lifeline - I refer here for everything and help when I can
thmbup.gif

Keep up the good work!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
LOL - No problem!!
Specktra is my lifeline - I refer here for everything and help when I can
thmbup.gif

Keep up the good work!

Julie..Thanks
winks.gif
My personal opinion is that we and eBay,should be doing more to promote sellers of authentic MAC !There's far too many counterfeit MAC being sold on eBay,...despite eBay promising to crack down on these
huh2.gif
not enough is being done and as such these counterfeiters are able to peddle their crap freely
thmbdn.gif
hopefully soon someone will sue their ar**es off ...

The fakes has been bidded up to £71 !!UNBELIEVABLE!!
angry.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Firstly Cheryl,thank you
yes.gif

The auction of these fake MAC has been bidded up to £62.01!!!
angry.gif

My friend was persuaded by me not to bid on these ...
thmbup.gif
I did report this auction to eBay,about 2 hrs ago...I just feel sorry for someone who is going to be ripped off by these fake pigments ..I really had to laugh when the seller said "these pigments have "genuine MAC LEAFLETS"
lmao.gif
jeeez yeah pity about the contents of the jars!!!

Sarah,Im looking forward to your post about the secret "info"
thmbup.gif
I need to educate all my friends,family etc about the dangers of buying this counterfeit crap makeup!

Your welcome hon
smiles.gif
I also reported them last night along with a few other fakes I saw on ebay. I think I ended up reporting around 4 people. I also found a few sample sellers. I'm going to try atleast once a week to sit down and do search's and whatever fakes I see report them. If enough of us report them even though we dont buy their products ebay will do something. I checked on a few others that I and others reported a couple weeks ago and saw Ebay did take down their listings
thmbup.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Your welcome hon
smiles.gif
I also reported them last night along with a few other fakes I saw on ebay. I think I ended up reporting around 4 people. I also found a few sample sellers. I'm going to try atleast once a week to sit down and do search's and whatever fakes I see report them. If enough of us report them even though we dont buy their products ebay will do something. I checked on a few others that I and others reported a couple weeks ago and saw Ebay did take down their listings
thmbup.gif

Cheryl,thanks again
yahoo.gif
Im half italian and in my family there's lots of us mainly females who all love MAC !!Some of the MAC products are hard to get hold of in Italy,so I buy some and send them or bring them over when I visit etc.This is the problem Cheryl,that because MAC is hard to get hold of or almost non existent in some countries so these counterfeiters pray on that !
thmbdn.gif
I do report these sellers of fake auctions on eBay,and this morning I saw these ...
greengrin.gif
oh puhleeese £60 for 2 fake MAC palettes "these shades just wanna make me heave "
f82f_1.JPG

MAC 12 Eyeshaddow Pallet - BRAND NEW IN BOX on eBay, also, Eyeliner, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 11-Feb-09 11:59:25 GMT)