Can someone recommend an under eye concealer

Winthrop44

for an older lady with dry skin, some wrinkles and undereye circles?
lol.gif
I have never used a concealer before because the ones they've used on me at any makeovers I've ever had have all creased and accentuated lines. I came out of a Bobbi Brown makeover and my husband asked what the heck they did to me to age me 10 years!!
rofl.gif
I read about a (very expensive) highly rated Guerlain concelaer/highlighter on MUA, but I'm afraid to try it since it's also a treatment. I have rosacea and can't even use foundation so I really need to look for something with as few ingredients as possible, and nothing with "smoothing" or "anti-aging" ingredients. Since I can't use foundation I'm also looking for something I'll be able to match really well to my pale complexion with yellow undertones. Thinking about trying Estee Ideal Light Brush on Illusion or MAC Select Moisturecover. Does anyone have any experience with either of these, or know of anything else I should look at? TIA

shamelessmuse

Well, I have tried a number of concealers and they all seemed to settle into my wrinkles. I was also having trouble with foundations that work with true combo skin. They often settled in my wrinkles and slid off my nose. One might work great for a week and then back to square one. A little over a month ago I started using the bare minerals and thier bisque as a concealer...I am a total convert! I could rave for hours. Once you get the hang of it, you can cover anything and it rarely settles in my lines, when it does a quick swipe with my finger and we are good to go!

edit: you can use the bare minerals foundation with roseasa.

Winthrop44

Thanks. I have actually tried several mineral make-ups (including Cory Cosmetics which contains hardly anything) and unfortunately can't use them....I flush horribly within a couple of hours. Literally the only thing that doesn't make me flush is Clinique Super Cityblock sunscreen. It contains about a million different ingredients, but it works for me...it may be that the zinc oxide is helping to offset any potential irritation caused by other ingredients. I would still like to wear something with a little coverage over my undereye circles though.

saucipinkbabydoll

forgot to add that I helped a lot of mature women customers and they really liked the mac studiolights from the beauty icon Catherine Deneuve collection...the YSL touche eclat would be it's superior counterpart....IMHO. If you have rosacea did you try Bare Minerals foundation? It has a lot of rave reviews and although it is in loose powder form if you set it with MAC Fix+ I believe it will take care of the dry factor. Plus MAC fix+ is a wonderful product to use because 1) It firms up the skin 2) Moisturizes 3)takes away redness 4)and is very multipurpose in your everyday makeup routine (=

solardame

Bioelements Power concealer. Great coverage, blends well, and is moisturizing without being greasy. There is only two shades and a dark circle corrector, but it can be used on any imperfection. I tossed out my box and can't find a full ingredients list. This is all I found.
Active Ingredients
BIOELEMENTS' MARIBRIGHT COMPLEX - marigold, golden seal and eyebright extracts - anti-inflammatory properties help calm and soothe

I want to try Colorescience My Favorite Eyes Cream Wand, because it's suppose to cover (beta carotene) and prevent dark circles (vitamin K). I'm not sure if it would irritate your skin though.

Latest posts