Can the MSF cause breakout?

Sophia84

Generally I break out from Mac face products and I wonder if the MSF can cause me a break out because I really wanna try one! Does anybody broke out from a MSF?

aznsmurfy

I haven't broken out from it and I use it A LOT but my brushes are generally kept pretty clean. I usually get bad breakout/reactions from dirty brushes. :p

Isis

Just about anything can cause a breakout, especially if you're already acne-prone.
Dirty brushes are deffinitelly the #1 culprit, just like aznsmurfy said.
However it could also be another reason. Blushes actually do cause more breakouts than most other cosmetics because about 90% of them contain a specific red pigment that's very comedogenic. I don't remember what the name of it is off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could find it in one of my books or notes...somewhere.
I don't know if the MSFs have it, but it's just a general FYI thing to keep in mind for future reference if you like.

user3

I totally agree with what Fairladyz wrote!
Just because something doesn't make other people breakout doesn't mean it won't make you breakout.
I've never had a problem with the MSF but you might want to take a look at the ingredient list.

jeanna

i'm acne-prone and there have been a few of MAC's products that have made me break out but not their MSF's... thank goodness!

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
I totally agree with what Fairladyz wrote!
Just because something doesn't make other people breakout doesn't mean it won't make you breakout.
I've never had a problem with the MSF but you might want to take a look at the ingredient list.

Aw thanks!
greengrin.gif

AudreyNicole

I know this is an old post, but with the new MSF's coming, I thought it might be a good idea to bump it. I just got my first MSF (Naked You) and it has sent my face into a frenzy. I am all broken out all over my cheeks
ssad.gif
I guess my A Muse wishlist will be alot smaller since I won't be getting any MSFs
weeping.gif
UGH! I hate having sensitive skin!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I know this is an old post, but with the new MSF's coming, I thought it might be a good idea to bump it. I just got my first MSF (Naked You) and it has sent my face into a frenzy. I am all broken out all over my cheeks
ssad.gif
I guess my A Muse wishlist will be alot smaller since I won't be getting any MSFs
weeping.gif
UGH! I hate having sensitive skin!

Naked You...maybe it was the glitter...?

Wattage

Audrey Nicole:

I TOTALLY broke out from Stereo Rose (which is severely depressing as this is my favorite MSF)
weeping.gif

All the others never broke me out, but I really only liked SR. I did, however, read something on here a while ago about someone who broke out from MSFs and then used Prep & Prime skin and it made it go away. I have yet to try it.

Anyone?

Latest posts