Canadians help! Where do you buy empty pans for pigment pressing?

HOTasFCUK

Hey!!! I live in Toronto & i would really like to know where you guys get your empty eyeshadow pans to press pigments in? Everyone here says to go to claires but i did & they did not have any of those palettes!!! I really want something to be able to fit in a MAC quad or palette & i just need cheap pans so any ideas please let me know!!!! Thanks!!!
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif

honeyjr

I recently got a 9 shadow palette at Claire's in Eaton's Centre, emptied out the cheap stuff, cleaned out the pans with alcohol and have used a couple of them for pressing my newly acquired pigments. I got the palette for about $6.00 ( I think it might have been on sale).
They had a bigger one which has 21 pans I think that went for about $15 or $16.

HTH

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShexyKristin
You could order some from: http://yabycosmetics.com/ they're in Canada and you can get palettes from them as well.
smiles.gif

^^^ Someone has said in a previous thread that these are slightly smaller than MAC's pans which are 26mm, vs Yaby's 20mm. Not sure how much of a diff this would be.

I just ordered from ecrater.com as per a suggestion in a previous thread (I am in Canada). I have yet to receive it but paid by paypal. With the great exchange rate, I found it to be great! Cannot wait! Here's the link directly: http://www.ecrater.com/search.php?keywords=empty+pans

I cannot wait to do my first pigment pressing session!!!

honeyjr

FYI...The Yaby pans do not fit MAC palettes. They only have 15mm, 20mm, 30mm size pans. The MAC pans are 25/26mm in diameter.
I just ordered a couple of Yaby palettes for some Nixie single eyeshadows I have which are the same size (30mm).

gigglegirl

According to other ladies who've ordered Yaby, they are smaller, but they do fit b/c of the magnet. Did it not work for you with the magnet? I'd imagine there'd be a bit of loose-ness. lmao. is that a word?

honeyjr

Sorry what I meant was you won't get an exact fit with a MAC palette because Yaby only sells 20mm & 30mm empties. The 20mm will fit a MAC palette but with a sizable gap. The 30mm are too big to fit them because MAC pans are 25/26mm in diameter. Unfortunately the MAC size falls in between, boo hoo.