Carnival Brasileiro (some pics may not be safe for work)

kaliraksha

I'm going to this next weekend:

http://www.carnavalaustin.com/gallery_2005a.html

people get really wild about their costumes. I don't want to bare it all... yet I want to do something colorful... any ideas? Combinations? I'm thinking something with graet makeup (of course), wild hair and jewelry... so that I can reuse most of those parts again....

Thank you very much!

Hawkeye

Heheheheh

I'm pulling my inspiration from Pele The goddess of Fire

Makeup: I'm just giving you generic colors right here-
Yellow Pigment from lashline to browbone extended out
Blue Pigment from just above the lashline to just below the browbone
Bright pink pigment used to line the top of the eye into a cats eye look
Black e/l following thinly and going down on top, then on the bottom line going up following the pink
There is going to be a gap there- add in some stark white eyeshadow
Then use green-brown pigment to line the lower lashline
Use bright pink false eyelashes
Use pink rhinestones on the inner and outer corner of the eye
USE GLITTER on the entire eye

Then use a bright pink blush

and a magenta lipstick

Then for your shirt- bra/bikini- use a bikini top that has floral print.

For your pants/skirt whatever use the prodominate color in the floral print

Get a lei, a flower in your hair fishnets

if you want to and what I think would totally kick ass is if you bared all but you got some body paint and painted something crazy like a volcano exploding, on your stomach and the red covering the breast

OR

some pasties

and a feather boa. Everyone needs to wear a feather boa

I dunno now i'm just babbling.

kaliraksha

Haha thank you very much, I love the whole idea. A fire goddess type of look would be really neat. This is much bigger than Halloween in Austin... because you have to be 18 to go... so it's Halloween for grown ups, haha. Yeah, the body painting there is so awesome. I saw this girl who dressed up like a blue mermaid... completely painted in blue and had stars over her boobs... and this custom made long mermaid tail... a long blonde wig with all these stars in them... it was gorgeous.

Beauty Mark

If you want to go with body painting, you can wear something skimpy like a bikini.

I think you need to do lots of feathers and glitter, though. Depending on how into it you get, I'd like to see something almost like your face has been painted but in a really cool, adult not little kid way.

kaliraksha

Feathers... oooh I would love to put feathers everywhere. Man, I would love a head piece. I wonder either how to make it or where to get it. Thank you Beauty Mark!