Chantecaille Discussion

Mac-Guy

Looks very pretty! Tell us your thoughts if you get it.

It is a really wearable quad, especially the two brown shades are so easy to blend. The white shade is quite sparkly, but also a buttery formula similar to the previous quads. I actually like to apply the white shade first and then go over it with the lighter brown. It gives a very subtle shimmer effect that is not too much in your face. The brown shades are really neutral, not too warm more too cold. I use the Next Generation primer and the shades do not crease on me.

Winthrop44

It is a really wearable quad, especially the two brown shades are so easy to blend. The white shade is quite sparkly, but also a buttery formula similar to the previous quads. I actually like to apply the white shade first and then go over it with the lighter brown. It gives a very subtle shimmer effect that is not too much in your face. The brown shades are really neutral, not too warm more too cold. I use the Next Generation primer and the shades do not crease on me.
Do you pat the white on with your finger to avoid fallout or ???

Winthrop44

Sorry for the late reply. I actually use a brush. For a light effect, you don't need much, so there is little to no fall out.
Wow. I will have to try it. Thanks. Did you see Gucci is having a Zoom tomorrow 3/11 about a new launch of some sort? Edit: I didn't attend but the product is a brow pencil.

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

Wow. I will have to try it. Thanks. Did you see Gucci is having a Zoom tomorrow 3/11 about a new launch of some sort? Edit: I didn't attend but the product is a brow pencil.

I will get the lightest one once I finish my Hourglass pencil. I have the Platinum blonde one and it is a very good match.

Winthrop44

I will get the lightest one once I finish my Hourglass pencil. I have the Platinum blonde one and it is a very good match.
I don’t have an exact match … I’m kind of between Clay and Bark…but I love the pencil! It’s very natural looking and the spoolie is fantastic. Because you pull it out and it’s on a thin stem you have so much more control than with one that’s attached to the end of a pencil. As usual the packaging is very nice too.

Mac-Guy

I don’t have an exact match … I’m kind of between Clay and Bark…but I love the pencil! It’s very natural looking and the spoolie is fantastic. Because you pull it out and it’s on a thin stem you have so much more control than with one that’s attached to the end of a pencil. As usual the packaging is very nice too.

Oooooh, you are always in between shades. Are they pulling too warm or cool? Or is it too dark or too light? I think I'll go with the lightest one, but you made me rethink....

Winthrop44

Oooooh, you are always in between shades. Are they pulling too warm or cool? Or is it too dark or too light? I think I'll go with the lightest one, but you made me rethink....
Clay is about the right depth but a little too warm for me. I really need an Ash color. You can play a lot with how deep you make the color look by applying lightly and using the spoolie to diffuse the color. I may still try Stone myself since it's the only one I keep hearing is cool. Maybe I can mix Clay with Stone like I saw someone on IG do. I did eventually find an exact match in the foundation once she came out with N, but that alcohol makes it a no-go for my rosacea. I hope she'll do an Ash for brows down the line but in any case it's a great pencil imo. Hope you think so too if you try it!

Mac-Guy

Clay is about the right depth but a little too warm for me. I really need an Ash color. You can play a lot with how deep you make the color look by applying lightly and using the spoolie to diffuse the color. I may still try Stone myself since it's the only one I keep hearing is cool. Maybe I can mix Clay with Stone like I saw someone on IG do. I did eventually find an exact match in the foundation once she came out with N, but that alcohol makes it a no-go for my rosacea. I hope she'll do an Ash for brows down the line but in any case it's a great pencil imo. Hope you think so too if you try it!

Please report back if you get stone.

I got Stone and it is warmer than my Platinum Blonde from Hourglass. I like Stone, but I equally like the Hourglass version. I think with each new product, it takes some time to get used to it, especially when it comes to eyebrows. The Westman Atelier is definitely easy to blend, but that is probably true for all WA products.

Winthrop44

Please report back if you get stone.

I got Stone and it is warmer than my Platinum Blonde from Hourglass. I like Stone, but I equally like the Hourglass version. I think with each new product, it takes some time to get used to it, especially when it comes to eyebrows. The Westman Atelier is definitely easy to blend, but that is probably true for all WA products.
I did get Stone and against my skin tone at least it's less cool than Clay and not as light as I expected.

Last edited:

Latest posts