Chat w/ Mary-Ann (nude, pinks & Fafi)

Flammable

Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Mary-Ann. How may I assist you?
R: hi mary-ann, i needed some help choosing a lipstick (i want a nude one and something pink, not too pale not too bright, but a nice daytime pink)
R: i have brown skin with yellow undertones (like Rihanna for reference)
R: i love instinctive (LE), which is a pink brown but well its LE
Mary-Ann: Hello R, I am happy to help - thank you for that extra information! For a nude shade, I recommend shades like Polished Up, which is similar to Instinctive or Viva Glam V (a nude beiged pink shade).
Mary-Ann: For a gorgeous pink, I recommend Syrup Lipstick which is a soft cloudy pink.
R: i have polished up and its not nude on me it shows up as a brown color
Mary-Ann: It is a deeper neutral, you're right. Viva Glam V or Velvet Teddy Lipsticks would be more nude and natural.
Mary-Ann: Click here for the MAC Lipstick page.
R: a few friends recommended hug me
R: and honeyflower
Mary-Ann: Hug Me is a good choice too. It's very similar to Viva Glam V, without the pearl.
Mary-Ann: Honeyflower is a soft warm beige-brown with shimmer. Another good choice for you.
R: for pink what do you think of sweetie as opposed to syrup, will they both be good?
R: and sophisto?
R: or would you say syrup for sure?
Mary-Ann: Sweetie is a brighter pink, but would still look great on you. Syrup has a bit more plum. Sophisto I think is too dark for what you're after.
R: also from the fafi collection, i want to get one of the following- utterly frivolous, flash n dash or strawbaby
R: which one do you recommend
Mary-Ann: Flash N Dash is the brightest of the 3 you mention. It is a sheer tangerine red with pearl. Utterly Frivolous is a rosy coral with pearl and Strawbaby is a coral rose with rainbow pearl. All of them would look great on you actually. Strawbaby would be the most natural of the 3.
R: thank you so much for your suggestions, sorry to bother you with so many questions
smiles.gif

R: i think strawbaby as well
smiles.gif

Mary-Ann: You're very welcome - it's very busy in live chat at the moment! Thank you for your patience.
Mary-Ann: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
R: no thank you....take care....bye

CantAffordMAC

I live chatted tonight with Jara about Fafi. I'm going to post it here....I hope thats okay (I don't want to make another live chat topic about Fafi--I will delete it if this isn't an appropriate place)

info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly.
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Jara. How may I assist you?
Rebecca: Hi Jara I had some questions aboutrecommendations from the Fafi collection
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Sure![/SIZE]
Rebecca: I ordered Utterly Frivolous, Not So Innocent and Sugar Trance...can you describe these to me?
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Utterly Frivolous is a rosy coral with pink pearlized pigment...it is a lustre formula so it is sheer and creamy[/SIZE]
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Not so Innocent is a sheer tan with pank and peach pearlized pigments...this is a glaze formula so it is also sheer with a bit of shimmer[/SIZE]
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Sugar Trance is a creamy soft pink with white and rainbow pearlized pigments[/SIZE]
Rebecca: Not So innocent lipstick...I've seen swatches of this and it didn't really look like much except for glitter. Do you think it will actually show up on me or will it be more like shimmer/glitter without a lot of color payoff?
Jara:[SIZE=+0] With your skin tone it will be a very natural sheer lipstick...try it with Creme O Spice Cremestick Liner for more colour[/SIZE]
Rebecca: Oh okay great I have Cream O Spice
Rebecca: Do you have any more recommendations for me from Fafi?
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Those will look great together![/SIZE]
Jara:[SIZE=+0] I love the Cash Flow Paint Pot....it's like Woodwinked mixed with RicePaper Eye Shadow[/SIZE]
Jara:[SIZE=+0] I also love Hipness Blush...I am partial to corals though...[/SIZE]
Rebecca: Ooooh alright. I don't have any paint pots yet. You can use those as a base and as an eyeshadow by itself, right?
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Yes! They don't crease at all![/SIZE]
Rebecca: Okay Great
Rebecca: Now I was thinking of getting Fafi Eyes 1 but I'm not too sure I want 3 very light shades and 1 dark (I like really dark eyes and nude lips most of the time)
Jara:[SIZE=+0] The more natural of the palettes is definitely Fafi Eyes #1...[/SIZE]
Rebecca: Is there a way you can explain how you'd apply the colors in Fafi Eyes 1
Rebecca: I know that sounds confusing..
Jara:[SIZE=+0] There are looks available in the LOOKS section of the site...have you ever checked this out? Let me find you the link to the FAFI looks[/SIZE]
Rebecca: Oh yeah I forgot all about that, sorry.
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Fafi looks[/SIZE]
Rebecca: Great, thank you
Jara:[SIZE=+0] These are great because they have visuals![/SIZE]
Jara:[SIZE=+0] My pleasure![/SIZE]
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Is there anything else I may assist you with today?[/SIZE]
Rebecca: I'm sorry I have a lot of questions lol
Jara:[SIZE=+0] No problem![/SIZE]
Rebecca: Can you suggest any of the other lipsticks and glosses for my skintone I really hate bold or bright lips. I'm thinking of Strawbaby and Cult Fave
Rebecca: But I'm wondering if Cult Fave would be too bright.
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Cult Fave is pretty soft...it is a mid-tone blue pink with white pearlized pigments...the white pigments soften the colour[/SIZE]
Rebecca: Oh alright. just a couple more questions. Can you recommend a shadow similar to the dark blue in fafi eyes 1
Jara:[SIZE=+0] It's more of a deep grey with Silver Pigments...I would say it's similar to KNIGHT DIVINE Veluxe Pearl (carbon black with silver/blue reflects)[/SIZE]
Rebecca: Okay thanks. And last but not least, I'm wondering if I need Sassed up. I have some mineralize skinfinishes and I like the glow they give with no chunky glitter. can you describe Sassed up?
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Sassed Up is a soft coral pink with gold sparkle...I have to say that I love the Iridescent pressed Powders...what mineralize do you have?[/SIZE]
Rebecca: I have Light Flush and I just ordered Warmed
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Ok...I guess Sassed Up is slightly more coral ...I think you may have enough shimmery powder...but having said that I'm buying Sassed Up
smiles.gif
[/SIZE]
Rebecca: LoL alright great. Thank you so much for all of your help tonight
Jara:[SIZE=+0] My pleasure![/SIZE]
Jara:[SIZE=+0] Have a great night![/SIZE]
Rebecca: You too Jara