Cheap - but really good - foundation/concealor/powder

stacey

I'm trying to find a really good foundation/concealor/powder that won't hurt my wallet. I started my own freelance makeup business and for the time being I can't spend a lot of money on MAC (though I will later) for their foundation/concealor/powder. I want something that has just about the same coverage as MAC (if I can even find something close to it) but for about half the price.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Stacey

faithhopelove24

Have you applyed for a MAC pro card? I think the discount is 40%. Anyway the MAC's concealors in the pot are the same as it the full coverage foundation, they're just smaller and cheaper. It also allows you to get alot of colors at once. Also mixing medium (not the one for pigments, the other one) helps you to blend foundations together to make custom colors for foundation. I also know Iman makes a good full coverage foundation and you can find it at select walgreens , walmarts ect. go to www.iman.com to find the location nearest you.

sunwater83

For my freelance work I like using RCMA. It's an industry foundation and gives fabulous coverage but can also look very natural. You can get RCMA at any pro supplies store. I have one of the palettes that has 20 very versatile colors. You might get shocked at the price at first, but it's a very good deal. I have 20 full size foundations, in one palette, for about $10 a foundation. And, I don't have a need for foundation with this and I can do most of my highlighting and contouring with this as well.

And, if you're freelancing, definitely get the Pro card. Depending on what kind of work you'll do, some of the MAC foundations won't work for you. I chose to not get MAC for my foundations because I travel a lot and am in a lot of different climates and some of the MAC foundations tend to turn or get weird with extreme weather conditions.

deathcabber

Not sure how these compare to MAC, but they are great quality and coverage for the money.

Revlon Colorstay Natural Foundation - medium coverage, blends easily, controls oil well, works for lots of skin types and gets great reviews!! $8
Sonia Kashuk Loose Powder - controls oil well, has a very very slight shimmer to it so it makes you look healthy and natural $1
NYC stick concealor - packaged very cheaply but works very well! covers heavily, lasts all day, blends well and at the price of $3 it cant be beat!

stacey

RCMA. Which pro stores do you think would carry it? I've looked on ModCosmetics.com - has anyone else? They seem to have pretty good prices but not sure of the quality.

Question about the ProCard... can you apply at a MAC Counter or does it have to be the MAC store?

sunwater83

You have to apply for a Pro Card at a MAC store. The card doesn't apply at counters.

As far as looking for RCMA, stores in LA like Frend's and Cinema Secrets carry it. And here's a great website to order from: http://www.camerareadycosmetics.com/. The quality of RCMA is fantastic and their range of skintones is unbeatable. The best part about this foundation is that you can do a very sheer application, like a tinted moisturizer, or heavier coverage, depending on what kind of look you're going for. You can also thin it down with different mediums. The product does have a learning curve, but you'll get the hang of it with practice. I can't rave enough about this product. Also, a lot of consumer products (like department and drugstore brands) aren't meant for professional use and you won't get the results that you want.

HTH!

Latest posts