Cleaning the 182?

Painkiller

I just got the 182 buffer, possibly the best purchase ever, but I have no idea how to clean it. :confused: Since I can't get any sort of brush cleanser here (just got back from the U.S, which is where I got everything else), I usually just clean my brushes in baby shampoo, reshape, and let them dry overnight laid out on a towel. However, I'm not sure how this would work for the 182. Would working the shampoo in all the way cause shedding later on? Should I leave it standing up? eek!

Simply Elegant

It could cause shedding if you use warm or hot water. Some people don't let the the tops of the brushes get wet for that reason. I think what you're doing is fine.

prinzessin784

I agree, that's how I clean my kabuki brush. I also lay it on its side to dry because you're not supposed to get water into the base of the brush. I used to use brush cleaner (the MAC brand even) but when I ran out I started using a gentle face wash and it works 100x better than brush cleaner ever did! I see so much more color coming out of my brushes and they smell fresh and have shed a lot less since using it.

user79

I wash it with shampoo and am not too gentle with it. There's so way you can get it really clean without getting to the ferule, because the powder gets all the way to the bottom and the brush is dense. I put some shampoo in the palm of my hand, make the brush soaking wet, and then wash it in spiral motions around in the shampoo in my hand. It foams up like hair would when it's really clean, I usually have to wash it twice.

Then I rinse it really well, shake it out as much as I can, and lay on the side to dry.

MiCHiE

^I do the same thing, except I rinse and blot it then fluff the hairs and set it, hairs down, on a folded towel.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
^I do the same thing, except I rinse and blot it then fluff the hairs and set it, hairs down, on a folded towel.

Actually, I do that too. We seem to have the exact same method.
thmbup.gif

d_flawless

how funny...i didn't even think of laying it on it's side. i laid it the opposite way of it normally sits, which didn't mess with the bristles much...you try it if you're really worried about getting water into the glued holder

Fairybelle

Another great soap for washing brushes: antibacterial hand soap (in a pump, clear formulas the best). The makeup will fall off so fast...just make sure you use water that's not too hot, and, like others have said, don't dry the brush upright. Lie the brush on it's side on a towel.

ms_bloom

I wonder if you could hang these up to dry upside down, like they recommend you do with men's natural bristle shaving brushes? My boyfriend splurged on one of these with the razors that you replace with actual razor blades and I have on my list of gift ideas one of those stands that holds the brush upside down and the razor on the other side. The only problem with the 182 is that the handle is straight so I don't know how you could dry it upside down
hmm.gif

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I wash it with shampoo and am not too gentle with it. There's so way you can get it really clean without getting to the ferule, because the powder gets all the way to the bottom and the brush is dense. I put some shampoo in the palm of my hand, make the brush soaking wet, and then wash it in spiral motions around in the shampoo in my hand. It foams up like hair would when it's really clean, I usually have to wash it twice.

Then I rinse it really well, shake it out as much as I can, and lay on the side to dry.

That's exactly what I do too, except I turn the brush every once in a while as it dries and try to reshape it at the same time. Works like a charm.