?cluless?

mena22787

so i'm really new to makeup, and don't know where to begin. can anyone recommend any colors or techniques that'll work for me? i'd like to experiment and see what works for me.

~LadyLocks~

Well as far as I can see in your avatar, you have brown eyes right? Maybe start with neutrals and work your way up from there. Purples and greens are also very nice on brown eyes. Start with a lighter color on the inner lid and gradually use a darker color as you work your way towards the outer <. I would suggest working with maybe 2 or 3 colors (highlight, lid, & crease color) until your get comfortable and then, start working in more colors. Look in the tutorial section, there are tons of great techniques in there. HTH!

saj20052006

Okay. Purples, Blues, Greens, Pinks and Neutrals (Bronze and Gold also) work well with Brown Eyes.

I do the following for a basic quick and go look:

Era - Highlighter
Mulch in the Crease
Honesty or Honeylust in the Crease
Brown or Black Liner. In the Summertime I tend to use Brown more.

For a spunkier day time look:

Swish - Inner Corner
Cranberry, Sushi Flower or Flammable in the outer and the crease
Black Liner
Era - Highlighter

For a Sassy, look at me, I like but still neutral.

Goldmine - Inner Half
Amber Lights - Outer Half
Humid or Dark Soul (Black Tied or Carbon) - Crease
Green Liner or Black Liner
Chestnut Lip Pencil or Mahogany with HoneyFlower Lipstick.

There are so many color combos just play with it. I was just like you and now I am addicted and I loave it. It's fun and makes you feel good.

sharyn

In my opinion, the thing with make up is... I can recommend you a look or even eyeshadow colors, and to me, its going to look beautiful, but you just dont like it for yourself. Or I can tell you what brushes to get and after you spend 150 $ on brushes, you find out that you rather use your fingertips... so the only advice I can give you is try try try. Get some e/s and lipstickcolors that you like. dont bother about "is it in?!", just get some colors you like. then apply, experiment and mix. if you dont like it, wash it of. that way, you also learn what colors you can absolutely not wear and you improve your technique.
If you are absolutely clueless about where to put this color and how to do that, try the tutorial section. There are lots of tutorials where you can see make up looks on people with a complexion like yours. the FOTD section is also very helpfull, but I think you shouldnt expect to get perfect results right from the beginning. Makeup should be fun and individual. You'll find your way by trying and experimenting. Good luck and have fun!
smiles.gif

MizzMAC

I always find great inspiration, help, and awesome advice in the FOTD and Tutorial section!

It's a great place to start!