Color recommendations for a newbie NC25

Laurahead108

Hi,

I'm trying to expand my eye shadow repertoire, and I need some guidance. I'm a (NC25) fair skinned, dark hair, with blue eyes that I want to play up better than I do. My shadows are in either the bordeaux family or chocolate-neutrals, and they just...sit there on me. The only thing I think really works is my grey liner. Help! Can someone suggest a new scheme for me? And thank you.

Overwhelmed,
laura

ette

Hi I am a C25 and I have dark brunette chesnut hair and hazel eyes. I think you will LOOOOOOOOOVE Coppering, with Buried Treasure Powerpoint for a neutral look. To play up your eyes, I'd say do a pale blue like Tilt and then line with Shimmermoss. My favorite highlight shade is Shroom.

Laurahead108

Pale blue sounds excellent. Will I get fired? I'm a college prof, and we're not supposed to look like we're having fun.

lh

ette

Hehe, then try the Coppering combo, it's neutral. If you go out, try the blues. HTH
smiles.gif

nenebird

You have the same skin tones I do. My eyes are brown. i live to pop eyes with colored liners. I like Bobbi Brown's gel liners but Mac also have nice colored fluid liners. Try a bright dark blue and a dark violet. If you want to try BB get cobalt and violet. Feeling daring? Get Ivy Shimmer..Gorgeous..

Laurahead108

Thanks for your help, Ette. Personally, I 'd love to copy YOUR eye with the white on the lid-line, but I doubt I'd get tenure. I might get a freshman boy, though.

lh

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurahead108
Thanks for your help, Ette. Personally, I 'd love to copy YOUR eye with the white on the lid-line, but I doubt I'd get tenure. I might get a freshman boy, though.

lh

That pic is from a MAC promotional ad for the A Muse collection.

I'm not sure if blue eyeshadow would look all that great on someone who already has blue eyes though...it wouldn't really make your eyes pop. I'd try the red-orange tones, like maybe Coppering or something to bring out your eyes.

Bootyliciousx

You can do a search on members who have your eye coloring and hair and skintone to see = ) Shroom is a great hilighrter and amberlights is a nice gold color

Latest posts