Colors for highly pigmented lips

SagMaria

I have REALLY rosy red lips and most lipsticks, glosses look so weird on me. Does anyone have the same kind of lips and what do they use? MAC, Quo suggestions welcome... two of my favorite brands. Thanks!!
thmbup.gif

lvgz

i have really pigmented lips too. you can always use concealor and block out your natural color, nude them out that is, and then work from there to acheive the color you want. i either do that, or i use really pale, pigmented lipsticks [myth l/s, freshbrew l/s, 15minutes, etc]. i use those pale l/s to block out lighten my lips.. then work from there. if i dont want nude lips, but still a shade lighter than my natural, i'll wear a l/s over the nude out l/s to build the color up.

prinzessin784

You sould try Spring Bean lustreglass!! there was a discussion in another section here recently about how it looks gorgeous on pigmented lips, like a golden caramel color. Also I find that using and filling in my lips with a liner helps cover up the natural color of my lips without using concealer. I hope that helps!!

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
You sould try Spring Bean lustreglass!! there was a discussion in another section here recently about how it looks gorgeous on pigmented lips, like a golden caramel color. Also I find that using and filling in my lips with a liner helps cover up the natural color of my lips without using concealer. I hope that helps!!

To add on to this suggestion, you may want to try MAC Prep & Prime for lips first. Then line, and fill in lips with lip pencil (or even better, MAC Creamstick Liner) completely. Then add lip color--even just gloss works at this point, since you 'anchored' your l/l with the Prep & Prime (should stay on better than l/s to cover your lips). A good thick and richly pigmented gloss that works like lipstick to cover your lips are the new MAC Lip Lacquers. Using Cream O' Spice Creamstick l/l to fill in as a base, you can top with the Lip Lacquer in Bronze & Brazen (a nice rich terracotta color). HTH!

kimmy

i'm an NW15, and have like fire engine red lips hah. i HATE it! but, if you want a really rich colouring, pick yourself up some aplified cream lipsticks from MAC
winks.gif
ACs and satins work really well to cover up that extreme natural pigment. i really like MAC Myth l/s to cover up the redness. you can always use a little concealer or foundation over your lis before you apply lip products, as well
smiles.gif
HTH!

jinsy

thanks, anthem! you got me deceived
hmm.gif
i love your nude lips in your FOTDs!
eyelove.gif

how about florabundance? similar effect from srping bean? tia!

Latest posts