colour wash recs for an e/s newbie

JugyFruit

Hi! I've been lurking on this site for a while and find it so informative!

Although I've been wearing almost all other makeup, including eyeliner and mascara, for the last 17 years (almost 32 now), I've never ever really worn eyeshadow -- I guess it scares me?

I want to start wearing e/s and since I'm a total newbie, I'm looking to start with a single colour at first (I think it's called a wash?), for a simple, polished, daytime, at-work look.

Based on other threads I've read, I've already purchased Shroom, although I'm still iffy on how it looks on me.

I'm Asian (Filipino), black/dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and am a NC35/C4 in Studio Fix Powder.

TIA!

Hawkeye

A good wash would be Shroom (since you have it
greengrin.gif
) and maybe if you put another color in there to give a nice polished look- I ADORE Shroom & Kid or Shroom and Wedge.

But all you have to do is use the wash color (Shroom) and then use Wedge or Kid and put it right in the crease and that's it. Quick, easy, takes 2 seconds
greengrin.gif

I don't know if Shroom is good for your coloring though, maybe Ricepaper would be better?

JugyFruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
I don't know if Shroom is good for your coloring though, maybe Ricepaper would be better?

Yeah... It seems to be a bit "cool-toned" for me, and I'm very yellow-toned. But I'm not sure if I'm just iffy about the whole e/s look in general on me, or this colour specifically?

BTW, thanks for the rec about Ricepaper... I'm going to go check it out!

EDITED TO ALSO ASK: If I do go with Ricepaper, could you also please give me some recs on an additional colour to go with it for the crease? Thanks so much!

cherrycola

I'm Asian (Chinese), NC 30, and Naked Lunch is my favourite wash. It's the one e/s I use nearly every day, and it also looks great with a brown shade in my not-quite-crease.

Edit: I have Shroom as well, and it's only good for a brow highlight as far as I'm concerned. I think it's a tad too pale.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycola
I'm Asian (Chinese), NC 30, and Naked Lunch is my favourite wash. It's the one e/s I use nearly every day, and it also looks great with a brown shade in my not-quite-crease.

Edit: I have Shroom as well, and it's only good for a brow highlight as far as I'm concerned. I think it's a tad too pale.

what color do you use for the crease? i'm chinese and also NC30-35. i'm looking to buy some natural eyeshadow colors. what other shades do you recommend besides Naked Lunch.

Latest posts