coloured lips...how to do the rest?

kimmy

i usually wear nude lips, but i'm trying to work some colour into my looks as far as the lips go.

mac lingerie
mac pink maribu
milani candy apple

those are my three main coloured lipsticks. but...i'm not sure how to do my eye makeup. i don't want to overdo the makeup you know. i guess i just need some pointers on wearing coloured lips since i'm new to this coloured lip thing
smiles.gif
help?

Nico.

A lot of people say you can't wear strong eyes with strong lips. I disagree. Subtle eyes are definitely safe with bold lips, but I'll take a brown smoky eye with red lips over the classic red lip/black liner combo any day. The secret is to make sure all your colors compliment each other. It could be risky to have a million different colors going on, as it might end up looking too busy, but even that isn't true in all cases; I'm sure there are several people on Specktra who could pull off pretty much anything they wanted.

The bottom line: You'll have to experiment to see what works for you. OK, so maybe I didn't actually help... Good luck anyway.

kimmy

thanks
smiles.gif
i'm gonna have to try smoky browns. specially with lingerie, that should look hella sweet
greengrin.gif

gambitlizard

I agree...
I'm pale, so I have to have something going on with my eyes, even with a strong lip. I like soft, smokey bronze or gold or really light browns with a strong lip.

blueyedlady87

I'm a big fan of *either* lighter eyes and dark lips, OR darker eyes and light lips. Some people just look clownish when they do both heavy. However I have seen some people (like SonRisa) pull it off beautifully! You could do a smoky eyes and light pink lips (like Lingerie). For darker colors I would recommend maybe light eyes with dark liner and then a bloder color on your lips. HTH!!

scrapbookromance

as a spin off to The Anthem's original question - how do you tone down your lips so that you can do a more bold eye look? I always keep my eyes fairly toned down becuase my lips are naturally pigmented more than the next person (atleast thats how I see it) but I want to be able to play up my lips too

kimmy

thank you
smiles.gif
i'll definately have to start trying these things out!! Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance
as a spin off to The Anthem's original question - how do you tone down your lips so that you can do a more bold eye look? I always keep my eyes fairly toned down becuase my lips are naturally pigmented more than the next person (atleast thats how I see it) but I want to be able to play up my lips too

try using a paler lipstick, something like lovedust or tanarama, or c-thru lipglass. those will tone down your lips nicely
greengrin.gif
but those might be too toned down, in which case you might want to just dab on some foundation to lighten them a little. i have really pigmented lips too, it sucks
oh.gif

Melisanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance

I have pigmented lips too (they can be anything from medium pigmented mauve to very pigmented reddish mauve) and I very rarely tone them down. If I wear bolder color on my eyes (which is not very often actually) I stick to mybb colors or a color slighly darker/more vivid than my natural lip color. Perhaps I'd look clownish if I used a lipstick that clashes with my natural lip color (pink, orange etc.) but I have never even tried that.

Of course a lot has also to do with your personal preferences. If I'm honest I'm not a fan of pale nudes on anyone, regardless of what they use on the eyes.
th_confused_new.gif

junealexandra

I just came back from my culture bloom appointment. We had the discussion about lips/eyes and surprisingly we ended up with a great look which included a vibrant eye and darker lip.
I am a C3 with dark brown hair and eyes. It worked so well I was blown away by the results mainly because I could never put something like this together myself:

Iris Eyes and then Iris Print on lid, Digit inner, and Sketch in the crease, Grain to highlight the brow. Prunella liner w/sketch to set top lash and water line.
Overgrown/goldmine under eyeline.
Springsheen cheek and lips were Beurre liner, TransPlant lip w/ petalpusher gloss.
Anyway there's alot of color, but it worked.
I just had to share...

Pushpa

for pink maribu u could prob do a smokey eye using pinks and purples they would go together

and to be a little crazy with pink maribu u could do yellow/orange and blue eyes my sis actually does this alot and look really awesome

shabdebaz

I think the trend now is for a nice bright face with colours on both the eyes and lips. The dark eye, nude lip face that has been "in" for sooooo long I think is finally phasing out. The culturebloom and sweetiecake collections are definitely a part of this trend. It might take some getting used to for most people. I think a great look is bright fuschia or red lips with a bright coloured pastel on the lid.

Latest posts