Compact Powder Foundation For Dry/Sensitive Chinese Skin

Rebeckki

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've used the Clinique Powder Foundation before and that dried out my skin. You could see the powder particles sitting on my nose. I'm currently using the Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation Powder which is brilliant but a bit too pricey.

I don't like foundation as that's too heavy for my skin and makes me look like a wax doll. Tinted moisturiser can also look too strong sometimes. I like Foundation Powder as it's like powder so offers very light coverage but slightly thicker as it has denser colour pigments.

I need something which also has colours that matches Chinese peoples skins.

Thank you.

martygreene

My suggestions would be to try the Shu Uemura Velvet Perfect Powdery Foundation, Graftobian Dual Finish Powder Foundation, or Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation.

Rebeckki

Does anyone know whether the Chanel Compact Foundations are good or the Laura Mercier one?

martygreene -

Thanks for your comment. It was very helpful. So you believe Shu Uemura Velvet Perfect Powdery Foundation, Graftobian Dual Finish Powder Foundation, or Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation won't dry out my skin? I've never heard of Graftobian and doubt I'd been able to get it here in the UK. Shu Uemura is only avaliable in London but I do have a Stila store near me! Which one do you think is the best? And they do skin colours for Chinese people as well? So their undertones are yellow?

martygreene

Graftobian has historically been a makeup company for theatre/film/photography makeup and have started making some wonderful formulas origionally meant for HD television but which translate wonderfully into the real world. I was able to locate a dealer in the UK, though I am unsure as to how close they are to your location.

telephone: 01204 668355
or fax on: 01204 668577

71 Church Street
Horwich
Bolton
Lancashire
BL6 6AA

All three of these are wonderful products which accomidate a variety of skintones, particularly those with ochre/yellow/olive undertones. Shu Uemura is a line of Japanese origin, designed for asian skintones specifically. The Stila product is also wonderful, and accomidates those undertones very nicely as well.

You shouldn't have a problem with sensitization with any of these formulas. You will still want to maintain a good hydration regimine- both in skincare and in your diet. Regardless of foundation if you have dry skin you will want to do what you can to keep yourself properly hydrated.

ginger9

Hi there have you tried the Shiseido line? On MUA The Powdery Foundation and the Pureness Mattifying compact got good reviews. The Shiseido line also has a great range of colours available and since it's a Japanese company it compliments asian complexion quite well. As soon as I've used up my current foundations, the Shiseido foundation stick is on my list! HTH