Completing my collection

Greta

Aloha!

I discovered MAC in August this year and I really love it. So I am always looking for items that "complete" my collection in a useful way (don't want to buy things just to own them).

I am very pale (can't use MAC foundations, they are too dark for me), my skin has a cool undertone but my eyes are warm (sort of amber brown) and since I dye my hair with Henna, it has become slightly reddish (my natural colour is a medium to dark brown - as you can see in the "Retro-Pin-Up Girl" challenge-thread). It's sometimes hard to find shades that work both with the cool skintone and the warm eyes/hair.

I love red lipstick (I am a lipstick addict 8)) and black eyeliner. I rather use neutral shades as e/s, I like colourful e/s when other people use it, but I prefer discreet colours.

My MAC-collection contains so far:

eyeshadow:

White Frost, Silver Ring, Black Tied
Shroom, Jest, Satin Taupe,
Brule, Era, Sable
Concrete (for my eyebrows)

blush:
Pinch O' Peach

pigment:
Frost

lipstick:
Redwood
House Wine
Jest

(I don't like Redwood and House Wine that much - they are too bluish.)

I am trying to organize my eyeshadows in bundles of three (highlighter, middle shade, dark shade). I would love to have some golden glittering shades and more neutral stuff for the eyes. I plan to buy a palette for blushes and more blushes. And of course, I need lipstick recommendations
smiles.gif

Well... I have said enough. So tell me your suggestions, please!

Thanks in advance,
Greta

sexynatty420

eyeshadow:
i reccomend
phloof,naked lunch,tempting,mulche,woodwinked,dazzlelight,nylon ,gorgeous gold,retrospeck,expensive pink those are some nice neutral colours

lips:emphatic,high tea,plink!,russian red,politely pink

blush:well dressed,gingerly

bases:bare canvas paint,shadesticks

ebonyannette

I reccomend Phloof, moons refection, patina, woodwinked, sketch, carbon, swish and blue brown piggie
smiles.gif

Im not good with lippies for lighter people but everyone seems to love Russian Red and fanplastico.

HotLady1970

If you like black eyeliner you can't go wrong with Blacktrack Fluidline!

I can always recommend my fav blush: Fleur Power! I'm also very pale myself and it gives me a nice cheek color!
smiles.gif

DaizyDeath

im super duper pale like you i wouldnt normally be able to wear mac foundation either beacuse its 2 dark in almost every shade and comes off orangy but ive found a way! at the CCO [cosmetics company outlet] they carry discontinued stuff ,stuff that doesnt sell very well, and overflow at discounted prices.

They preety much always have the very pale shades and very dark discontinued shades look there!

Im currently using Studio Finish Matte Foundation SPF 8 in NC15 during the summer and in the winter i mix a little pro body and face foundation in white to lighten it up a bit more and its perfect.

As for other things that youll need:

Blacktrack Fluidline - the essiential black liner just make shure you have a good brush to apply it with makes all the difference.

Dollymix Blush- This blush is a sheertone shimmer basically it looks like a really bright pink sparkley color in the pan but when you put in on it just shows up as a light pink shimmery flush... very preety on my pale skin also over other blushes!

Posey Cream Blush- This will give you a dewey natural flush the lighter version of this is Sweet William Cream Blush which i also use alot.

Dazzleray pigment- this is a light tan color and very shimmery one of my favorite pigment for everyday wear one of my essientials.

Petting Pink TLC - basically like a tinted chapstick really preety beacuse most of the times im super low matience with my makeup and dont want to have to touch up my lip color.

HTH

eowyn797

totally 2nd: woodwinked, dazzlelight, expensive pink & nylon. i use them constantly and i am also pretty pale...NW15-20. they're great neutral shades. i also love Gleam paired with Satin Taupe and Nylon. *lovely*. pigment in Golden Olive might be really nice for you as well!

maybe Hipster for l/s, if you can find it...it's a very dark gorgeous red, a little bit cool, i'd say. i'm a big fan of O, which has a fair bit of gold in it as well. oh, yeah, and what she said above - Fanplastico might be a great color for you as well!

blush in Cubic is a total staple for me - very unobtrusive and natural looking. i'm also a big fan of Peachykeen which doesn't go on half as dark as it looks in the pot. i also use Rose pigment as blush a lot.

Kat

If you don't like the bluish reds so much, but you still love reds, try Ladybug and Dubonnet.

chocula

If I don't have alot of room, or know I am not going to be gone long enough to warrant the use of a 15 pan pallet, my standby quad is:
Carbon, Nylon, Romp, and Naked Lunch. I can always make a neutral day or more showy night look out of those.

Greta

little teaser, you're right! I guess, I'm already addicted :-D.

chocula, I'll definitely look for Naked Lunch.

Latest posts