Concealer and foundation help!

ozrules

Can you be a NW35 in concealer and NC40 in foundation. I think the MA I had did a bad job of matching my skin tone. I'm gonna have to exchange this!

glittergoddess27

Actually you can,..but if you think that it doesn't match your skin tone the definitely take it back,..I can wear all combos of NC & NW 15 & 20, I am a fair olive complexion. A lot of MA's will go a little lighter on concealer,.. Light=brings things forward. If you have dark circles or any shadowing under the eyes they look recessed,.. so in order to bring them forward sometimes a lighter concealer is used. Some people don't like a lighter concealer,. they feel like a "reverse raccoon" though after powdering it that should go away,..these people tend to go a shade darker and more opaque concealer, I personally use a lighter concealer and have not had much success with the second option except in the case of highly pigmented ladies that have severe facial masking.

hypergrl273

if you don't like how it looks then i would exchange it, i've tried both a shade lighter and darker than my usual skin tone in concealer but i prefer lighter. after i put powder on over it it blends with my foundation, or you could try a correcter, i prefer bobbi browns over macs, and then just put your foundation and powder over that, both those options work great for me. hope i helped

Latest posts