Cosmetology school?

cylonator

Hi, I'm interested on going to cosmetology school, but I'm scared about the salary. I live in Seattle so it shouldn't be that much of an issue, but still, I was hoping to find a career that's 50K+ and cosmetology is not that, at least I don't think it is anyway. Does anyone know what the salary is in Seattle? Also, I'm at a community college right now, and I'm basically going for free. Should I stay at the community college even though I have no idea what to study to have a back up plan? I am kind of interested on graphic design, interior design, school psychologist or even a teacher, but I would rather do something that I'm actually good at. But even still, I don't know if I'll be good at hair! I just like dying it. I'm also a very creative and detail-oriented person. I love designing things.

Also, I'm pretty quiet/shy, would that be okay to be a cosmetologist? Perhaps I just need more confidence, since I am not quiet or shy at all with my friends.

Would you say it would be better to go to Aveda Institute(About 19,000) or The Salon Professional Academy (about 16,000), or one at a local community college (about 13,000) or even a small cheap beauty school that I've never heard of (about 13,000)?

sammanila

Hi cylonator,

I think your best bet is to visit the schools yourself. I was looking into the Aveda Institute two years ago and were very informative on their programs and cost. They do accept financial aid through FAFSA at least.

It sounds like you are unsure of your career path but I think it would be a great idea to get in touch with a career counselor at your school.