Danse similiarities?

AudreyNicole

Wondering if any of the Danse shadows are similar to any other shadows or pigments? And how does Curtsy compare to Pink Cabana and Charm Factor? What about Classical compared to 15 Minutes? TIA!
smiles.gif

asnbrb

they were talking about this on lj today. Danse l/s is close to Pink Maribu, but not as pretty (I think) and Curtsy is kind of like Pink Cabana, but more pink and much less of the gold tone that makes Pink Cabana so pretty.

I took one look at the lippies and turned them down flat this time.
smiles.gif

Oh, and I think Jete is close to Deckchair? I'll have to go back and take a look-see

Amber

On me:
Jete is identical to Deckchair
Glissade MSF is identical to NARS Orgasm blush

jpohrer

The quad looks like Club, Meadowland, Demi-sweet and Fairylight. The glosses remind me of Heartfelt Pink, Pink Poodle, and Pink Clash. The lipsticks reminded me of Tease Me, Pink Maribu and Chica Boom and Pink Cabana. The shadows looked like Forgery, Pink Papillon, Expensive Pink, Pink Opal, Scene and LM Sable.

AudreyNicole

Thanks girls! I am thinking that the peachy MSF looks similar to Deckchair too. I haven't seen anything in person yet, but it looks similar. I am wearing Deckchair on my cheeks today and it looks pretty nice!
smiles.gif

kimmy

Classical l/s isn't terribly similar to 15 Minutes l/s. 15 Minutes and Classical are different finishes, so there's that difference there..and 15 Minutes is a little harsher IMO, whereas Classical is a little more toned down
winks.gif
perfect for everyday wear!

BlahWah

I have both Pink Opal and Rite of Spring and I am loving RoS two, three times more, and I have a tsp. of PO to go through! Nailpolish it'll become, most likely. Anyhoo, I love RoS because of the more evident yellow base - unique! - and the duochrome isn't as frosty as PO, which is annoying to me at times. The yellow base isn't like Spring Up of which you can't see much of the yellow because of the frostiness. I was afraid of looking jaundiced with it but I think it's okay, maybe the pink pearl does the trick (or I'm just talking myself into it, lol). I've found Lightscapade to be similar to the yellow base but much paler or subtle.

On me, Jete is not like Deckchair. Jete is described as a "sandy coral", and I think that "sandiness" sets it apart from Deckchair. In other words, Deckchair's more clear in its colour, where Jete seems to have a hint of beige (or something) in it. Also, Deckchair I find it frostier, or more reflective.

Corps-de-Ballet has been compared to VGV and Pink Clash, but I like it better than either and they've been longtime favourites of mine. VGV has a bit of brown to it which CdB doesn't, and Pink Clash is more glittery whereas CdB has more refined shimmer, and it's multicoloured! Not a must-have, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

I may end up getting Classical as 15-Minutes gives me Barbie lips, which look incredibly displaced on my asian face. I think it's the texture which does it. Classical will be easier to use with the lustre texture. I missed out on Pink Maribu so Danse might be mine, but my mind's been on Curtsy - I love my Pink Cabana but sometimes I want a toned-down version, and I think Curtsy would be it!

Sorry so long, but that's my 2 cents!
winks.gif

MaryJane

A few people have said that Glissade looks just like Orgasm (Nars), I have both and, on me, they are very different. Orgasm has more pigment and is defintiely more peachy while Glissade is lighter and gives a sheer wash of color.

Ambi

Are Jete and All that glitters how similar on? In the pot they look almost identical to me.

meagannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
Are Jete and All that glitters how similar on? In the pot they look almost identical to me.

I was wondering the same thing! I mentioned taht to my MA just offhandedly and she was like 'It looks like All That Glitters? REally?"

i just don't have Jete and it was in use at the counter, so I couldn't swatch the two side by side.

Padmita

Jeté is more similar to Goldenaire than to Deckchair, but a little more coral, Deckchair is a good deal lighter than Jeté, same for Glissade - I can use this as a blush, whereas Deckchair is lighter so I can only highlight with it.

Fairybelle

For the lips:
I noticed that Russe is almost separated at birth from Modum (which was recently DC'd). If you love Isis or Modum (like me!), Russe is a great match! HTH!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupnewbie
the light green in the quad looks a lot like julep from summerwear eye quad

Good, I hope so! I passed on Summerwear and everytime I see it, I sigh... I feel a bit better now, thanks. =D

Vedra

Hi
smiles.gif

Does anyone have both Swan Lake and Silver Ring, and can compare the two - is there a noticeable difference?

Also, I would be interested in how French Grey compares to other perm+LE taupes, and if Rondelle is very similar to Electra?

user79

Jete is really close to Jest! (Also in name, haha)
Corps-de-Ballet l/g is somewhat like VG5 but more mauve-toned and not so much brown toned.