dark gray and other e/s recs

tiramisu

I have Anti-establishment e/s from rebelrock...which is a frost that I love. I am wondering if I get Print e/s, even though it's more matte (right?) will it be too similar? I love the idea of Print, but I am hoping it's a much deeper/darker gray shade... what do you guys think??

Also, can I get a similar effect from Motif e/s if I use Nylon with a bit of pink opalescent e/s blended in? Or is motif a brighter/yellower gold hue?

TIA!!
smiles.gif

depecher

Print is a dark grey, almost black but not quite. I don't think it would be like Anti-Establishment at all. I think Electra or Silver Ring may be closer. I don't have Anti-Establishment, so I can't say what it is closer to. Print would look really good in the crease with your shadow.

Rowan

I like Print & don't find it that similar to Anti-Establishment. Worth it to have both. Good for a classic smoky eye & for a dramatic outer "v". It's a great liner too.

I've found Motif hard to dupe. I tried & tried & eventually caved & bought the real deal. I don't have an opalescent pink, but I do have Nylon. Motif looks more orangey, so I don't know that you'd get the same effect if you mixed an opalescent pink w/Nylon. Heck, it would be worth a try though. Let us know if you figure out a way to dupe it!

serendipityii

Electra is pretty much silver... so it's not a dark gray, but it would go excellent with any shade of gray/black.

tiramisu

thanks! I was hoping to use print as a crease/outer v or liner. yaay!

I hope to dupe Motif, but I was thinking it may be difficult! I'll probably end up getting both!

Thanks so much. You guys always are so helpful.

Latest posts