Dealing with stressed out people

sayah

My close friend is seriously stressed right now. He's had it rough since this fall and it's beginning to take it's toll. Natural, I know, but not so easy to deal with at times. I'm one of the few he feels he can talk to about more difficult stuff. I do my best at mixing "suck it up and do the best you can" and "it's going to be okay" with lending a shoulder to cry on and a ear to bitch in.

My own problem is that I want to help more, but can't. There is nothing that can be done for my friend at the moment, and so I'm stuck with the same old recycled advice. I feel a bit like a broken record. Plus, it's stressing me out to see him hurting.

Gah! Any advice?

LMD84

well generally i am stressed out most of the time because of my job. i have even made myself ill with it. however my hubby does a great job at trying to de=stress me. find out what is stresing him and try and distract him from it. for example if i am stressed my hubby will make me a cup of tea, we'll sit and watch a film, or sometimes he will break out an old mario or sonic game that he knows i love. just because that will distract me for a while. i de-stress when not thinking about the issues. also my hubby told me that i should make a list about what is stressing me out. and then write down what i can do to solve the issue. if there is nothing i can do then i know i shouldn't get stressed about it, and if there is something i can do i shouldnt be as stressed because i now have a plan of action.

sounds silly but it works for me :)

sayah

Thanks for answering! I do my best to lift his spirits. It's just tough, you know?

Latest posts