• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Depotting w/ a Straight Iron

Thanks so much- i cant wait to try this. It certainly seems easier than the other methods and a lot cleaner too. I'mpretty nervous when it comes to the idea of depotting but I will definately give this a go
smiles.gif

s_prev

I just depotted my first shadow and it was a complete success. I didnt have any parchment paper so I used the toilet paper idea someone had on here and it worked great. And the plastic piece wasnt destroyed so I just put it back in the container for back 2 mac. Thanks again!

KTB

My Wondergrass lid just broke so I shall be doing this very soon. Once I get some magnets!

paula3boys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o5pO88pv-g

There is a tutorial on this method on YouTube also (link above and hope it is ok to post the link). Some people want to watch it being done so thought I would share.

I haven't personally tried yet as I just got my new palette yesterday, but now I am off to the craft store to buy my supplies to do this!

SARAHluvsMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by farra712
I am the idiot of the year.....I got carried away and tried to depot a creme blush......I thought if I only left it for a second it would just loosen up the glue. I forgot about it and needless to say it melted and I lost half of it, but the good news is that the part I saved looks like a brand new cremeblush!!! So the moral of the story is, have fun depotting, but don't get stupid!

waaahhhhh i just made that mistake! RIP blossoming

miss_supra

This is THE easiest way to do it. I just depotted 20 e/s, and it was not difficult at all. Anyone can do it. Thanks!!!

NLoveW630

Thanks so much for the info. I could just cry..I was using the candle method and destroyed my BIG T, Venus, and BEAUTY Mark..I just cry. But now I'm empowered by this wonderful great knowledge. Thank you whom ever came up with this method.

candynipples

yay i just used this method (i didn't have that type of paper so i just used tin foil instead) and it worked perfectly! i was scared 2 try the candle method and didn't have the clippers to do the enkore tutorial with the alcohol..this one is so easy and suprisingly i didn't even burn myself once lol thanks! Back2Mac I go with all of my empty pots
smiles.gif

Latest posts