Dermablend

Onederland

Anyone use it? Its supposed to be HARD CORE COVERAGE. I dont need foundation like that.

But im doing a photoshoot, and well, i think i would need it for certain spots.

So for those of you that have tried it? does it conceal? does it look nice? what do you think?

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Shantih

Heya
smiles.gif

Hard core coverage is an understatement!! This stuff really really covers.
I've used some as a under-eye dark circle concealer - works well but I haven't quite found the right match for my skin tone yet. If you're using it for red cheeks or dark circles let it warm up a little between your fingers or between finger and palm otherwise it tends to 'drag' and you don't get an even coverage. Also, always use really lightly and build up to the coverage you want otherwise it can get a cakey.
I think they recommend to moisturise as well - I don't really find it too dry although on my very dry areas I find it can cause flakies if I haven't used a good moisturiser.
Coverage is great, but tricky choosing the right colour - I'm still experimenting.
smiles.gif

jeanna

i tried this when i was in highschool and this stuff is really t h i c k and h e a v y !! i agree with Shantih, i had trouble finding the right colour (but that was years ago so i don't know what the selection is like now). it definitely does cover, and as long as you warm it in your hand first and you're good with your blending, it should work great for your photoshoot! you might also have to buy the dermablend setting powder and cleanser for it, because of its thickness, i don't see anything else working with it. ick, i'm remembering how heavy it felt on...

mac_obsession

I used it a lot in highschool. This stuff isnt meant for people with flawless skin (aka Jeanna!) its meant to cover scars, potholes etc...

It really works for these things, the foundation is great if you can use liquid foundation (which I cant) but it does give the coverage it states. They also have a translucent powder that appears white in the compact and gives huge amount of coverage to those problem areas. I didnt use this stuff on my face, I used it on my arms as I had heavy duty scarring, and it helped, people didnt gawk at me like before, but alas Im 31 now and I dont give a shit. lol. but its great stuff for serious coverage.

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyrbestbetxx
jeannna, what foundation do you use? your skin is always flawless!!!!

thank you
smiles.gif
umm, i always change foundations, because i haven't found "the one" yet. right now, and the one i've been using in most of my fotd's is DiorSkin Fluide SPF 12. i think i have one fotd where i used MAC Moistureblend, but i don't use that anymore because it made me break out (badly!)

Branwyne

If you are in need of heavy coverage for a photo shoot, and you are shooting digital, just leave the spots uncovered and fix it in photoshop. It's a lot easier to fix a mark, undereye circle, blemish, etc. in photoshop than it is to fix cakey or heavy coverage and a difference in texture of the skin.

Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branwyne
If you are in need of heavy coverage for a photo shoot, and you are shooting digital, just leave the spots uncovered and fix it in photoshop. It's a lot easier to fix a mark, undereye circle, blemish, etc. in photoshop than it is to fix cakey or heavy coverage and a difference in texture of the skin.

No, it isnt digital.
ssad.gif
Thats why i needs to be like BOOM BAH! in person.

Shantih

I would suggest trying to use your normal foundation and only using the dermablend range to cover the problem areas.

The creme stuff in the little pots is nice as a concealer because you can use it as light or heavy as you like. I use a normal foundation and then use my finger to cover my problem areas - red cheeks and dark eye circles.

I wouldn't suggest using it all over especially if you think you don't need it. Experimenting with this stuff before a photo shoot might prove disatrous!

The little cover creme pots works really well if you want up to heavy coverage on your problem areas.

Good luck with your shoot
smiles.gif

Latest posts