Did I buy FAKE MAC Brushes??

brenbren2

OKAY, So I should know better but decided to buy MAC brushes from *gasp*... eBay.

I contacted the seller asking her to be 100% honest because I do not want the fake stuff.. she guaranteed they were authentic. The brushes were selling for 350 OBO for 28 brushes. The listing had ended (as someone had purchased them) but I messaged her with a 300.00 offer and we ended up negotiating through paypal and not ebay.

I decided to buy from her because she seems to have authentic MAC shadows/ glosses. If you search now she has another set on eBay--it's the most expensive MAC brush lot.

I already have like 16 authentic MAC brushes so I compared them side to side.

-The ones I received:
-are too matte.. my authentic ones have a tiny bit of sparkle
-smell a bit--weird odor
-have logo exactly aligned with mine
-have wonderful bristle texture
-187 does not look as dense as mine
-266 shorter than mine

it even comes with a 129 SH with the MAC plastic pouch and everything.

Are these getting better and better or could these be those that have imperfections??

I'll try to post pics later.

THANK YOU & APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE!!!

ps. it's item # 280283615204

redambition

what do the printed logos on the ebay ones look like compared to your known authentic ones?

the picture provided on ebay is way too small for any detail to be made out, if you are able to post more detailed pics of the brushes then it would be a great help
smiles.gif

jdechant

yah i don't know..its hard to tell from what I can see on ebay..pic is too small..I do know that all the brushes I have bought directly from MAC some of them will have a bit more matte look to them compared to the others..so i don't know if thats a good way of comparing them...they are supposed to smell kinda funny, are they not? it real animal hair..I just know that mine usually do at first..
umm..other then that some close up pics will help so we can figure it out...do they feel like the same weight as your other brushes? Is it normal for the bar codes to be on different areas for different brushes? I see some are at the bottom , some more towards the middle...

TISH1124

Well the good thing is ...she said she guarantees 100% authenticity or a full refund...I would just take them in to the MAC store and have them look atthem if you are unsure