Dior eyeshadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvs Queen

I have three quads that were in my Easter basket from my husband and I personally love them. The shadows are really soft in texture but have great pigmentation. I say that they are a bit over priced but I still love them. Hope that helps.

user3

I only have a quint from Dior but I love it. I have the Beige massai quint. Quint is 5 shadows.
I don't think Dior makes quads. I asked around and my "sources" (other forums) tell that they might have made quads back in the 80's, I was also told that if you get any quads off of Ebay they are fakes because Dior does not produce quads.
As far as I know they only have quints, duos and singles. The quints price at $49.50 , the duo's at $30 and singles at $22.

As for the texture they are soft and very blendable. Wearing time is very good and even their brighter colors have a soft look to them. I always play with the Dior stuff when I go to the mall and I adore the quality of their e/s. They have done a few LE things that involve other items so they might have 4 e/s in those.

BTW the quad info is coming from the US and Europe people....so I can not speak for what other countries might get from Dior. I am not sure if their items vary by country.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
Yo! I so meant quint. My bad.

Which ones did you get?

inlucesco

I have a gold Dior creme eyeshadow that someone gave me and while it's very pretty, it doesn't impress me very much as far as outstanding quality or long-wearing.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
Bleu Denim, Seascape and Gris VIP.

Seascape is my favorite.

You lucky woman!
How is the Gris VIP? That is the only one I have never had the pleasure of playing with at Sephora.

AimeeEm

I have the Lucky Star LE palette and IMO the e/s in it are excellent quality (nevermind the golden gloss on the left):

Dior.jpg

I don't reach for it often, though, but it's such a pretty palette that I take it with me when I go out even though I'd only need the gloss (the round one in the middle). haha I'm so vain! And it weighs a ton in my purse! But what can a girl do, I love it too much and want to show it off
winks.gif

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
You lucky woman!
How is the Gris VIP? That is the only one I have never had the pleasure of playing with at Sephora.

Gris VIP is sooooo pretty. I am planning on doing a pageant and I am so going to use this quint. I am in love with sparkly burgundy color in the middle. I definately suggest that you try it when you get the chance.

Chelly

can i tell u guys a secret?

dior eyeshadow and benefit eyeshadow are pretty much the same thing - dior owns benefit but benefit is just a bit cheaper
winks.gif

Cera

Personally, I love the Dior eyeshadows (and most Dior makeup). The eyeshadows are very pigmented and easy to blend, unlike Lancome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelly
can i tell u guys a secret?

dior eyeshadow and benefit eyeshadow are pretty much the same thing - dior owns benefit but benefit is just a bit cheaper
winks.gif

Really? I was told that L'oreal was a cheaper version of Lancome, but when I tried a face wash that was supposedly exactly the same as what I was using, I got a severe breakout. After that experience, I find it hard to believe when people say a brand is available cheaper under a different name.

If it were true, wouldn't most of Lancome's customers have switched to L'oreal and Dior's switched to benefit?

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cera
Really? I was told that L'oreal was a cheaper version of Lancome, but when I tried a face wash that was supposedly exactly the same as what I was using, I got a severe breakout. After that experience, I find it hard to believe when people say a brand is available cheaper under a different name.

L'Oreal is owned by Lancome but that does not always mean the quality is the same or that the products are made the same and sold cheaper.

As for BeneFit:
I am checking into this info.
I wrote a letter to BeneFit requesting the info. I will post it as soon as I get the correct info.

(just don't want anyone to get the wrong info)

Corvs Queen

Me personally, I think that you pay for quality. So, why in the world would company's offer the exact same thing to the public for less? I think that it may seem to be the same when you first read the ingredients but most company's do not always use the same amount of certain ingredients in the product that they are compaired to. I know that that is the case when you buy "store brand" drugs and so on. I actually did a study on this in my marketing class. Same ingredients, different measurments.

Cera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
L'Oreal is owned by Lancome but that does not always mean the quality is the same or that the products are made the same and sold cheaper.

That's what I thought/think too. I was quite skeptical since I've always believed in getting what you pay for.

I was told of Lancome products supposedly being sold for half price as L'oreal by quite a lot of people and on a lot of message boards, people say it as well... apparently it's is quite a common misconception!
icon_eek.gif

Cera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelly
a friend of mine works for dior so thats just what i was told n i thought id share
winks.gif

Was she told this during her training? Or is it something she assumed after working for them?

user3

Ok So sorry it took me so long to get the Dior/BeneFit info.

Benefit and Dior are owned by LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy)
http://www.lvmh.com/
click on the THE GROUP and then click on LVMH Companies and brands You will see a blue screen and it will have all the companies LVMH owns including Dior and BeneFit.

Now while LVMH own both companies it does not mean that Dior and Benefit are one in the same. I contacted LVMH by phone and I was told that Dior and BeneFit are not the same products nor are they made the same way.
LVMH also owns Sephora and Make Up For Ever too.
If anyone has tried those lines you know there is a huge difference.

Owning these companies does mean they make a product and sell if for different lines at different prices.

Hope that helps everyone out.

Email From BeneFit
Quote:
Subject: RE: Tradmark owner
Date:Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:16:23 -0800
To:**edited out for my privacy**

Hello,

Benefit Cosmetics is a subsidiary of LVMH. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Warm regards,
Benefit Customer Service
Benefit Cosmetics
685 Market St., 7th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
(phone) 1-800-781-2336

*Please note I am not trying to prove anyone wrong or start a debate just getting the correct info out there so people are not confused*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts