Dior- general thoughts plus new forever foundation

martygreene

I'm curious general thoughts on dior- likes, dislikes, etc.

Over the past year I've started picking up more than just their mascara, and I'm curious what others think about the line.

I'm fond of certain lipcolors and glosses, but most notable to me right now is their new foundation- Diorskin forever foundation. I've not had it long, in fact it just came out and I only have a sample, but so far I'm really liking it. There's a liquid version and a powder, and I'm not sure which I like better yet. I'll have to wait and see. It's a nice natural skin finish though, which I'm very into right now.

flowerhead

Dior cosmetics are fabulous, I used to buy alot before I got into MAC.
Their khol is gorgeous, they aren't as soft as MAC's but you get a real defined line, and the packaging is so pretty...black with little gold D's.
I really rate their eyeshadow quads, five colours and they are so pretty. I likethe blues, pastel to turquoise...if you love blues this is a must-have.
I think the best thing Dior do are their lip and face products. The foundations and concealers are really luxurious, beautiful formulas that make your skin look great...My mother swears by The wand concealer it makes her eyes look really bright. Their lipsticks are obviously classics with some beautiful reds and pinks, and the Ultra-Gloss makes your lips so shiny and full, Dior Kiss are really good value for money as they have so much product, lovely scent and colours.

frocher

The foundations are fantastic, and so are the eyeshadows. Their palettes come in great color combinations. The blushes are soft and finely milled, the loose powder is great as well. Their lipsticks are very pretty and feel wonderful on the lips, but are not as long lasting as macs. Overall imo the eyeshadows, foundations, and blushes are the standout items in this line.

janwa09

I love Dior...I have 4 of their eyeshadow quints...great color payoff, smooth texture and lovely colors. For their foundation I'd definitely get the liquid one.

aziza

As we all know, Dior's lip products are beautiful. The lipstick formula is near perfect...I even love the rose scent. I recently scored some brand new testers and I'm having a ball with em. There's this fuschia shade in the Plastic Gloss that is breathtakingly gorgeous.

IMO the eyeshadows are hit and miss. Some of the single eye colors are grainy and hard to blend while others are smooth. The duos are all gorgeous. Some of the quints are fab while others are disappointing. The Eyeshow mousse shadows are spectacular. They're waterproof and easy to blend but for 30 bucks a pop I'll pass.

They recently released their new line of blushes (Backstage and Highlight/contour dous) and everyone's been raving about them. Gorgeous on lighter skin but they don't even show up on me
ssad.gif
Same with the foundations. I tried Fluide on a friend of mine who's a tad yellower that me and it turned to ash on her. Very disappointing. They've got a nice translucent powder though.

SparklingWaves

I think Dior has some outstanding products. If you find ones that go with your complexion and skin type, you have a winner.

martygreene

Yeah, Dior is definitely lacking in colors for brown skinned ladies, that's for sure.

I have to say, I love how moisturizing their lipsticks are. So many lipsticks out there dry my lips out horribly. Like others have said too, Diorkiss is a great value and smells so nice.

I missed out on the fall palette, which I really liked the colors in, but sold like hotcakes here. Poo.

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
]

I missed out on the fall palette, which I really liked the colors in, but sold like hotcakes here. Poo.

Which one? The Diorissime clutch? I had a chance to play around with it and the colors were really pretty. Very travel friendly.

Oh yeah...I forgot to rave about my favorite e/s quint, Nightdust lol. It has the most amazingly pigmented shimmery black eyeshadow I have ever seen! The other colors are pretty, but I would buy the palette just for this shadow. Everyone needs to check it out.
lol.gif

martygreene

Yeah, Diorissime. Very pretty. I did get one of the lipcolors from the fall release, because I found it very unique.

jenii

All I have so far is Diorshow mascara, and I love it.

I really want to try a gloss, but I have so damn much gloss already.

sparklingmuse

i really want to try a new foundation...which do u guys prefer...dior forever foundation or mac mineralized skin finish foundation?!

ppalada

i absolutely loooveee dior..i have a lot of their ultra shiny glosses in pinks and maybe one or 2 corals..i had their diorfluid foundation and it was my perfect match for me..but they discontinued that and put in dior forever, which i also have..so far so good..
as for powder or foundation, i think it depends on your skin, because if you have dry skin, powders might emphasize it. I prefer liquid because it gives me a nice glowy, velvety coverage.

enviable

i love dior eyeshadows, but they have very limited amount of colors (thats where mac wins)..

no one mentioned anything about their skin care. i cannot live without their products especially the eye cream and moisturizer...

Latest posts