Do I *NEED* the Sweetie Cake Quad?

AudreyNicole

I am so on the fence about the sweetie cake quad. I check it out at the MAC store the other day, and I like the pink and purple shadows, but am not sure how I feel about the other 2 shades. The colors are pretty different from those that I already have, so that's why I am thinking about it. Do I really need the quad, or could I get the same looks with permanent shadows? How do you feel about it? If you have it, was it worth it? Would you repurchase? Please HELP me decide!!
icon_eek.gif

BTW, I got the iris accents pencil and am definately going back to get peacocked and LOVE the glitter pencils!
smiles.gif

ledonatella

I personally love my Sweetie cake Quad, but it might depend on your skin tone. The purple is gorgeous and looks nothing like Trax on me (which some people say it looks like on them), it's not burgundy like Trax is on me. The blue is pretty and also looks nothing like Aquadesiac which some say it does on them as well, it's more true blue as opposed to greeny which Aqua. is on me. The Almond Icing color does look just like Vex though, but that's ok, I like that one. The pink is super pretty, a bit like Da Bling but lighter. If you are a fan of cool colors I would pick it up, just for the purple alone IMO.

alysia

the pink is really similar to pink freeze & the white colour is really similar to vex if that helps. The white is really versitile highlighting colour. It's about 40$ for three eyeshadows (us) & the quad is 35. So your saving 5$ even if you only use 3 colours.

glittergoddess27

I am a fair olive complexion and the quad just looked kinda bruisy on me,.. I like Almond icing and the gateaux pink but 2 outta 4 arent enough for me to buy so I passed,..but loving all 5 of the glitter pencils, all 3 of the pigs,.. and 2 lipglasses.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am NW20, blonde hair and blue eyes, if that helps!
smiles.gif

It would defnitely work with your coloring, but I really don't think that you need it since 3 of the colors are very similar to ones that are aleady available in pot/pan form.

edit: the purple color is also a good match to Urban Decay's Prurple Haze.

Wattage

Hey Audrey,

We are pretty similar (I am NC 15 with green eyes) and I passed on this quad. I think somone up there mentioned it looking "bruisey" on them and that is what I was affraid would happen with me.
In all honesty, I just didn't see this quad as being that wearable. It was beautiful to look at so let me tell you - I had a hard time saying no! But the reality of it was I would probably just end up not using it and donating it to my lil sister's collection.

HTH
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

I passed on this quad because the colors weren't that outstanding. There are better permanent replacements for this, imo. The purple was too greyish on me, I agree it was very bruisy.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis
It would defnitely work with your coloring, but I really don't think that you need it since 3 of the colors are very similar to ones that are aleady available in pot/pan form.

Could you tell me which permanent shadows are similar?

Isis

Vex, DaBling/Swish, Aquadisiac (close, just more sparkly). And I also found that UD's Purple Haze is a match to the purple color (I swatched them next to eachother).

I just don't find this quad all that unique.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis
Vex, DaBling/Swish, Aquadisiac (close, just more sparkly). And I also found that UD's Purple Haze is a match to the purple color (I swatched them next to eachother).

I just don't find this quad all that unique.

Thank you!!
smiles.gif

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia
I'd say the pink is much closer to pink freeze.

I was thinking that too, but didn't swatch it
smiles.gif

tiramisu

I am an NW15 and passed on it for similar reasons mentioned here. Afraid of bruisey look too and I like my pink freeze/vex and zonk bleu (not that the sugar blue was so close, just don't have a use for too many "out there" blues... HTH!

Chelly

i hated it when i first played with it @ the counter, but i bought it today n im in l0ve!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Seedy Pearl is alot like Almond Icing.

Slightly OT, but is Seedy Pearl too similar to Vex then to get, since both those e/s have been compared to AI? Thanks!

Latest posts