Do I REALLY need the cheek stains?

MeganGMcD

I really want a glowy, pink transparent cheek color.
Should I splurge? Or am I going to look weird like I did with the Clinique Black Honey cheek gel?

hmmmm?

Wattage

I don't particularly like them myself. IMO, you can get a much better result with a blushcreme when looking for that glowy look.

HTH!
smiles.gif

luckyme

I tried them and ehh, decided to save my money for She Shines. I think that if you put them on over your foundation (which I imagine you would) it just moeves your foundation around because it is like a little wet sponge applicator.

Parishoon

bleh, skip them, i saw them at the counter yesterday, i kept thinking if i dress up as a doll, maybe i need them so i can do a perfect round "dab" of blush on the apples, plus they felt a little wierd
th_confused_new.gif

karen

I like them. They didn't bother my foundation, and they were easy to blend.

I have subtle hint. It's a very pretty colour... reminds me a lot of Tarte's Flush cheekstain on me(except without the stickiness).

user4

i checked them out yesterday and REALLY disliked them. They are really really shear. and i hate the applicator... and it goes on like liquid... i really dont get it!

kittenluvsmac

No you don't. The cheek stain are too liquidy and have no pigment IMO. Here's a tip: buy a lip stain and use it on your lips AND and on your cheeks. Works great! The lip stains are a gel-liquid, quite pigmented, easy to blend & last really well! HTH

koolmnbv

I went to my local Nordstrom counter yesteday and I was checking them out on my own before I was going to get a MU application. So I had on my own decided I hated them but I thought the MA could show me a good pretty way to use them so when I was getting my MU application I asked the MA if she would apply it on me and show me how and the MAC ma was like "please dont let me apply this on you, these are horrible and I am going to be honest w. you I dont like them and I really dont want you to even try this much less buy this"

After that she told me about how and why they are bad. So I mean if my MA will even tell me they are crap and shes there to sell stuff they must be pretty bad. she truly DIDN'T even want to sell it to me.

But I actually have been using the lip stains as cheek stain and it works really nice. Just make like 2 TINY dots and immediately have a brush ready to blend them in. They are much more pigmented then the cheek ones and they have a great staying power and a pretty flushed look. And the lip applicor wand is a lot easier to use than the round sponge bingo dabber type applicator. Just make sure to start w. very little and add more if you need to (I made this mistake the hard way LOL)

I am sure these cheek stains work for some ppl. But I truly didnt like these then my MA confirmed they are crap!

Juneplum

moved to recs.

i think they're a complete waste of money. they are ridiculously small and are meh.. i can do without especially since the tarte cheek stain is so much nicer!

Latest posts