Do i realy need a Kabuki brush?

MacVirgin

O.k so i have and love my beloved 187 brushes.

Now do i realy need a kabuki brush??
th_confused_new.gif

I mean, i want one
rofl.gif
, but do i realy need it.

What u guys think? and does mac have kabuki brushes?
icon_eek.gif

brandiisamonkey

I have the catherine deveneau buffer kabuki and I LOVE it it was a le mac brush but mac is releasing a kabuki with on of the upcomming collections thats the exact same but with a black handle
smiles.gif
I need mine because I use mineral foundation and I like the coverage, I also use my sugar kabuki to apply some bronzers and blushes I like a "buffed" look
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandiisamonkey
I have the catherine deveneau buffer kabuki and I LOVE it it was a le mac brush but mac is releasing a kabuki with on of the upcomming collections thats the exact same but with a black handle
smiles.gif
I need mine because I use mineral foundation and I like the coverage, I also use my sugar kabuki to apply some bronzers and blushes I like a "buffed" look
smiles.gif

I agree with brandi. I use mine for mineral makeup. It's the best way to apply it. But some people prefer them for bronzres and blushes.

Shawna

I love the 182 brush, and if I have extra money, I am going to buy a second one when they are re-released. I use it for my mineral makeup, but I also use it right at the end of my makeup routine to buff everything together. It blends everything and there are no harsh lines where my blush or bronzer is. I really cannot live without that brush. My poor 187 sits lonely in my brush clutch now. The 182 has replaced it.

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I love the 182 brush, and if I have extra money, I am going to buy a second one when they are re-released. I use it for my mineral makeup, but I also use it right at the end of my makeup routine to buff everything together. It blends everything and there are no harsh lines where my blush or bronzer is. I really cannot live without that brush. My poor 187 sits lonely in my brush clutch now. The 182 has replaced it.

Thanks everybody
smiles.gif

I was also thinking if and when they release the 182 to go and get one anyway. I was also wondering something. Is the 180 also a LE brush? :confused: Cause i want me one too 8)
rofl.gif
graucho.gif

user79

The 182 is way better than the 180 though. The 180 is flat on the top but it's also not as soft, it's almost a bit scratchy, and it's not as dense either.

Personally, the 182 is my most favourite brush and possible even my top MAC item all together. I would recommend you buy it if you use lots of different powder products, or any powder or mineral product on a regular basis.

ette

Yes, the MAC 182 is excellent. It buffs everything in so your powder just doesn't sit on top of your face. It makes the makeup look more professional, put together, and realistic.

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The 182 is way better than the 180 though. The 180 is flat on the top but it's also not as soft, it's almost a bit scratchy, and it's not as dense either.

Personally, the 182 is my most favourite brush and possible even my top MAC item all together. I would recommend you buy it if you use lots of different powder products, or any powder or mineral product on a regular basis.

Agreed. It's expensive but worth every penny if you use it often (I use mine on a daily basis).

colleen389

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned on the forum before, but you should check out www.crownbrush.com
They sell kabuki brushes on there that are really good (and really cheap). I have one that I bought from bare escentuals for my mineral makeup and got one from crownbrush and it's just as good if not better!

cathythi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVirgin
...I mean, i want one
rofl.gif
, but do i realy need it...

I was thinking the same thing this morning.. OK.. I am getting the natural mineralize skinfinish and the 182 brush.. :thumbsup:

mymla

I bought a Kabuki brush today from I.D. Bare Escentuals, is it as good as the 182 by MAC? And can I use it for blush/powders too or is it just for my mineral foundation?

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymla
I bought a Kabuki brush today from I.D. Bare Escentuals, is it as good as the 182 by MAC? And can I use it for blush/powders too or is it just for my mineral foundation?

I just got mine today, but have not used it yet. I'm pretty shure i'm gonna buy MAC's 182 though
smiles.gif
lol.gif

mzcelaneous

Yes, you do "need" it
winks.gif
IMHO, the Bare Escentuals kabuki is more scratchy and makes my face itchy. But the MAC's kabuki is waayyy softer! Works very well with mineral make-up and gives a fresh, flawless look. Very worth it. You'd make great use out of it!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcelaneous
Yes, you do "need" it
winks.gif
IMHO, the Bare Escentuals kabuki is more scratchy and makes my face itchy. But the MAC's kabuki is waayyy softer! Works very well with mineral make-up and gives a fresh, flawless look. Very worth it. You'd make great use out of it!

I agree. The BE one isn't that great - I use their foundation with the MAc 182 brush. It's being rereleased with the Avant Gold collection. It's a great investment, I think.

VeganChick

I just found an old bronzer that I never use, and while the brush isn't a kabuki, it's powder buffer type thing. Also very portable. If I have one of these, do I need a kabuki?
24380974.jpg

Also, any ideas on what to do with the case?

Latest posts